The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello to everyone, Linor here from Manila Philippines

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Hi Everyone,

First of all, thank you all for being an inspiration, you and your courage to take the leap to the Fastlane is a driving force for me. Finally, me and the small voice in my head which keeps on telling me - "there is another way to get wealthy! there is another way!" is now in agreement.

Just a little background:
I grew up with a family who are believers of the Slowlane, though they are believers, they support me in every way and I am very thankful for that.

The journey for me started after graduating college, got a job, spent everything on credit just to showoff, thinking that I can payoff everything once I get promoted or with a salary increase. Nope...didn't happen!

After hopping to another job, this is were I was introduced to the Slowlane, the seminars I attended, books I read, tools that I bought from gurus, CD's and even yearly subscription to their mentoring programs. Yes, for me, they did opened my mind to a possibility of getting rich...soon! But there is always this small voice in my head that keeps telling me that "there is another way! there is another way!" Heck, I even did a 35yr plan of investing in mutual funds, stock market, bonds, etc...which was astounding to see earning millions when I'm like 70yrs old. Then the voice got stronger - "70yrs old??? There is another way grandpa!" - yet I tried suppressing it for so many years...until this year - 2014.

Finally, I found people who share the same drive, share the same thoughts that there is another way! So here I am. I'm still working in a company right now...planning and preparing for my time to resign and its close, yep its close. A gutsy step which is, I made up my mind to quit within a year (I do know that some of you would think this is a long time but there are things that I need to fulfill first before I quit), hopefully sooner I'm able to join the people who are in the Fastlane now.

I wish everyone more blessing, health, wealth and time! :)

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HappyFighter

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Dec 29, 2013
Philippines
Welcome to the forum Linor. It's good to hear that there are lots of Filipinos who have read MJ's book.

Yeah, I know the people you're taking about. They seem to have good intentions, but they aren't aware (or support) the Fastlane paradigm yet, and some (if not most) of them got rich selling books, CD's, and seminars.

MJ called it the paradox of practice in his book. It's just like in the gold-rush era, the ones who got rich are the people selling the shovels because there are lots of people who wanted to dig for gold, but not all of them will find one of course.

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Thanks HappyFighter for the warm welcome. If you actually told me this one before I read MJ's book, I'd be a bit peeved, yet today I totally understand what you mean. Maybe they do have good intentions, maybe not, but one thing is sure...I'd take a different lane - Fastlane!

I'm excited to know there are Pinoys also a member and also speeding in the Fastlane!

Let's keep on speeding!

HappyFighter

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Dec 29, 2013
Philippines
Yeah, and there's this one small book I read where the author preaches frugality by giving an example of he and his wife sharing a one-piece chicken meal in a restaurant. What the heck! Even though I haven't read MJ's book at that time I thought that example was just plain ridiculous.

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
Hey Linor, welcome!

What is your fastlane plan this year?

BTW, I'm a filipino too! :)

HappyFighter

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Dec 29, 2013
Philippines
@HappyFighter how's it going? Have you started with creating android apps?

Not yet fastattack03. I'm still learning the tools/languages necessary to build an Android app. I could use one of those build-an-app-quickly websites to create a rather simple app, but I don't think an app created in those sites will rank well unless they have outstanding content because the UI they produce is rather simple.

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
Not yet fastattack03. I'm still learning the tools/languages necessary to build an Android app. I could use one of those build-an-app-quickly websites to create a rather simple app, but I don't think an app created in those sites will rank well unless they have outstanding content because the UI they produce is rather simple.

I see. I used buzztouch.com and they're pretty good. They're much like the other build-an-app-quickly sites but the good thing about them is they use native code. So you can pretty much do whatever you want to do with their apps.

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Hey Linor, welcome!

What is your fastlane plan this year?

BTW, I'm a filipino too! :)

Hi Fastattack! Good to hear more and more filipinos are here! :)
For this year...I'm gonna follow the chapter where MJ talks about Money Savers become Lenders. It's the initial stage that I could think of to earn passive income while I'm thinking of my big plan and while thinking of an exit plan from the corporate world.

Hope thats good enough to start with. :) How about you?

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
Hi Fastattack! Good to hear more and more filipinos are here!
For this year...I'm gonna follow the chapter where MJ talks about Money Savers become Lenders. It's the initial stage that I could think of to earn passive income while I'm thinking of my big plan and while thinking of an exit plan from the corporate world.
Hope thats good enough to start with. How about you?

Awesome... good luck!

I'm currently working on having my own ecommerce business. :)

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Goodluck on your ecommerce business fastattack! :) btw, do you guys hold any master mind events?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...