The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello! Quit my 9-5 and just getting started...

abbymgill

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 30, 2016
Boonville, MO
Hello everyone!

I just recently quit my 9-5 government job, and am looking for some EDUCATION!! I am currently at the end of MJ's book, learning how to code, learning how to copywrite, and reading as much on this forum as possible. I am pursuing web development as a means to get my FASTLANE idea up and running. I am open to all help, criticism, and education that I can find on here and look forward to connecting with this amazing community!

Thanks,

Abby :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ceewo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jul 8, 2016
Welcome. :tiphat:
Do you have any income right now? Or did you just take the leap of faith?

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hello everyone!

I just recently quit my 9-5 government job, and am looking for some EDUCATION!! I am currently at the end of MJ's book, learning how to code, learning how to copywrite, and reading as much on this forum as possible. I am pursuing web development as a means to get my FASTLANE idea up and running. I am open to all help, criticism, and education that I can find on here and look forward to connecting with this amazing community!

Thanks,

Abby :)

Welcome! Wow that takes some serious guts!! theres plenty of threads here you can look for. One example since you're looking into some sort of code and building on that is fox's thread here. Its web develpment which is only an markup language so its a good start.

abbymgill

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 30, 2016
Boonville, MO
Welcome. :tiphat:
Do you have any income right now? Or did you just take the leap of faith?

The full story is more in depth than just quitting my 9-5. I quit my 9-5, not to pursue the FastLane (at first). We were moving from Oklahoma to Missouri and so I was FORCED to quit. I applied for jobs in Missouri, because that's what I thought I wanted to do. I got this job interview and I was so excited and wanted the job so bad (some Social Work job making 35K a year). Well, I didn't get it... I thought I should be crushed, but it's honestly the best thing that's happened for me. Since then, I've quit searching for a "job" and currently have been teaching ESL to kids in China via VIPKID for income at the moment. BUT I'm hoping to start making money soon developing and designing websites.

Welcome! Wow that takes some serious guts!! theres plenty of threads here you can look for. One example since you're looking into some sort of code and building on that is fox's thread here. Its web develpment which is only an markup language so its a good start.

Thank you! (if you see above, I really don't feel that "gutsy" it was more of a forced decision). YES, that GOLD thread on here is what got me started!!! It's so inspiring and SUPER helpful!!! I am also a member of his facebook group, and that has been another very helpful tool so far!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
The full story is more in depth than just quitting my 9-5. I quit my 9-5, not to pursue the FastLane (at first). We were moving from Oklahoma to Missouri and so I was FORCED to quit. I applied for jobs in Missouri, because that's what I thought I wanted to do. I got this job interview and I was so excited and wanted the job so bad (some Social Work job making 35K a year). Well, I didn't get it... I thought I should be crushed, but it's honestly the best thing that's happened for me. Since then, I've quit searching for a "job" and currently have been teaching ESL to kids in China via VIPKID for income at the moment. BUT I'm hoping to start making money soon developing and designing websites.

Thank you! (if you see above, I really don't feel that "gutsy" it was more of a forced decision). YES, that GOLD thread on here is what got me started!!! It's so inspiring and SUPER helpful!!! I am also a member of his facebook group, and that has been another very helpful tool so far!
Awesome I'm a member over there too!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.