The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Guys

Charlesp

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 23, 2012
Hello Guys, Let me start by introducing myself my name Charles Pearson, I'm 18 and i'm attending Macomb Community College in hopes to transfer to U of M to get my BA in Computer Engineering and I'm an young entrepreneur who stumbled across this forum while brainstorming ideas ( the best thing ever ,a group of business minded people coming together to share and help others with ideas).

So heres an Idea I have beacuse I don't have an lot of money to invest do but I need tips before i start

Ecommerce the internet is full of cheap products which was even greater when I stumbled across China whole-sellers. So now i cut out the middle man and found out where to get products dirt cheap. ( I know to stay away from branded items they are all replicas)

But now my main concern are

1. I need Reputable wholesaler with the best deals so far I only Have Alibaba.

2. What products to buy, there are tons of products they seem to offer but I don't know what sells and what doesn't because they all seem to be as seen on TV type products its harder to research products that doesnt have an name for theirself.

3. Whats the best way to market them, name brand products sell higher and faster on amazon and eBay because they are just that name brand, so how do I sell an product that most people may have never even heard of, and do I still use ebay and amazon, or do I build my own website.

Right now im leaning toward things like buying iPhone screen protectors, cases and such, I love the way way Apple is able to add an "S" and still get consumers to buy their product and their are really no differences then the last products other then hardware which most of the general population doesn't know nor care they just want it because its "The New Ipad" i.e the Ipad 3, so in a nutshell I want to capitalize off of it because its seems like 1/2 of the general population owns one.

Any tips ideas Im eager to hear your guys thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
First, welcome!

Second, I would start by reading almost everything in this forum first. Look at the most viewed threads, all the stickies, then find users with high reputation speed and read everything they've ever posted.

If you do this it will have been worth more to you than any single book or piece of advice anyone can give you.

Also, read MJ's book if you haven't to align yourself with the proper mindset to succeed.

Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to your updates and progress!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Second, I would start by reading almost everything in this forum first. Look at the most viewed threads, all the stickies, then find users with high reputation speed and read everything they've ever posted.

If you do this it will have been worth more to you than any single book or piece of advice anyone can give you.

Also, read MJ's book if you haven't to align yourself with the proper mindset to succeed.

This ^^^^^

Considering your questions I'd start with the following threads in particular:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/fastlane/35694-addicted-passive-income-deposits.html

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/pr...ing-import-ecommerce-business.html#post226169

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/in.../38312-ask-me-about-ecommerce.html#post201798

Welcome to the forum!

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

thejanitor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Sep 25, 2012
Welcome! Newbie to the forum here as well. And I agree with the basics above, read! You can never have too much knowledge about anything or everything before starting a venture, and its a whole lot easier then learning by failure lol!

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
You can never have too much knowledge about anything or everything before starting a venture, and its a whole lot easier then learning by failure lol!

Easier? You mean less expensive. I would say it's way easier learning from failure than reading books.

Charlesp

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 23, 2012
I think its better to fail then get back up, but its also good to learn how not to as well

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.