The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Virginia

media804

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 2, 2012
Hi guys and gals!

Just starting looking around this forum and am pumped to be here. I love learning new business models and getting differing perspectives from smart people.

A little backgroundI've been doing internet marketing for the past 4 years in some way or another. After college graduation I was offered a permanent job at the advertising company I had interned for. Well, long story short our entire department got outsourced and I got laid off 2 months after graduation. Life can be a real bitch!

It was then I got into online/affiliate marketing and haven't looked back since. I have gone from being flat broke to having four figure days of fairly passive income. In that time I've taught myself how to program, design, run traffic and most everything in between.

I know a lot of people frown on affiliate marketing as a legitimate business model due to it's volatile nature....which is precisely why I'm on this forum. I'm looking to branch out and diversify my hustle and it looks like there's more than enough energy and ideas in here to keep me busy.

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up. Glad to be here!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Welcome aboard.

Virginia is a big state. Where are you from?

00N8

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 31, 2011
New Mexico
Welcome aboard, if you can run good traffic to a product, one next logical step is to offer the product and run your own traffic.

media804

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 2, 2012
Welcome aboard.

Virginia is a big state. Where are you from?

Thanks! I'm currently living in Richmond.

[COLOR=#3E3E3E said:
00N8[/COLOR]]
Welcome aboard, if you can run good traffic to a product, one next logical step is to offer the product and run your own traffic.

Definitely. This is what I've been focusing on in 2012. Owning my own offers has definitely been the best thing I've done from a sustainability standpoint.

jpass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 3, 2012
Virginia
Welcome! I've lived in Richmond my whole life, specifically the Midlothian/Powhatan area.

Yea I think your internet marketing exp is going to be really helpful. Find a need, and shift the control to you. The commandment of Control is a big reason why I value TMF over the 4-Hour Work Week.

Best of luck you to!

Tronik

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Apr 6, 2012
Washington,D.C
Hey, it was good reading your background, Im from Northern Virginia. Welcome to the forum, im also new here. It would be great if you could post some info on affiliate marketing, Im trying to start affiliate marketing in the music production niche

media804

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 2, 2012
Hey, it was good reading your background, Im from Northern Virginia. Welcome to the forum, im also new here. It would be great if you could post some info on affiliate marketing, Im trying to start affiliate marketing in the music production niche

Here's my biggest 3 pieces of advice:

- Add value to whatever you do in affiliate marketing. Thin, scammy affiliate sites with nothing to offer (value-wise) are not a sustainable business model - nor should they be considered an asset. Over-deliver value, make it irresistible and give it a personal voice.

- Focus on one project at a time until you get a feel for things. Jumping around project to project, niche to niche, traffic source to traffic source, is tough even for experienced marketers.

- Don't believe anything you read on Warrior forum. Or most internet marketing forums for that matter. Most are thinly veiled biz opp funnels, or just flat out misinformation. Don't be that guy that spends $xxxx on bullshit/guru hype and still not even know how to create a lead gen funnel. Want to know the best way to learn? By doing. And coincidentally, it is the only way to make money with affiliate marketing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
- Focus on one project at a time until you get a feel for things. Jumping around project to project, niche to niche, traffic source to traffic source, is tough even for experienced marketers.

Amen!

Welcome to the forum.

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York

Thanks, I needed to hear that about focusing on one thing at a time!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...