The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Upstate NY

All4mygirlsamci

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 12, 2013
Hello Everyone my name is Darius and I currently reside in Upstate NY. I'm married and the father of 2 beautiful girls.
I currently work in the manufacturing industry for a large company and a recent change in position has motivated me to pursuing other avenues of life that I've always been interested in, but sad to say I have been an action faker until now.

A little background:

For most of my life I have worked with this one company as a Maintenance Technician.
I thought I was moving into the "Fastlane" when me and my wife decided to open a hair salon in 2010, that was until I read MJ's Book and seen that we had basically created a job. Business has been picking up year over year but I need something for myself because as of late I have been feeling trapped at my job. I want to create something that will allow me the freedom to spend time with my family and give more time to GOD. I have been lurking on this forum for a while and finally decided it was time to post something and join a community of like minded people. I have already learned a great deal since joining here and look forward to learning alot more and hopefully contributing as I go forward.

Interest:

I would like to dive into the e-comm world creating niche sites like many others here and become successful enough to create freedom of time. I have dabbled a little this year trying to place an order from alibaba which I believe went well, I ordered a sample of bluetooth speakers and tested and sold all locally as well as received orders for 12 additional when next shipment arrives, also had an offer to display my item at a local sneaker convention. BUT, for some reason the company has stopped responding to emails? Idk what happened.

Well enough about me I just wanted to say hello and sorry in advance to the experienced e-comm members hopefully I don't become a pain in your side as I try to pick your brains:D Here's to ACTION

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

All4mygirlsamci

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 12, 2013
Oh and any others starting in e-comm please free to pm me if you want to share any info or bounce ideas with a newbie!!!

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Hey Darius! I'm an Upstater, too. Just a bit more upstate than it looks like you are. (I looked up your IP).

My Brother-in-law lives down near you, in Marlboro. The company I work for has done several projects in Ulster County, too.

As for the hair salon, it can be Fastlane. I have a friend who built a large salon, where others did the hair and he just rented the seats. A large salon with 20 stylists, massage tables, and other related spa treatments might be a hit. Just make sure you are running it, but not doing it.

Glad to have you here.

All4mygirlsamci

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 12, 2013
Thanks fellas @Bflbob my parents live in Marlboro as well and that is my wife's plan eventually I just have no interest in that industry besides the contacts it provides. Here's to a promising 2013 for all!!!!

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Saw that you guys are from upstate im from the island. good luck with your ventures!

My son worked on LI for the NYS Park Police for a couple of years. Mainly on Jones Beach. I've been out there for a couple visits. Pretty area, but scary HUGE parking areas for a park! I think you could fit my home town in the Jones Beach parking lots. Not many parking lots have their own Police Station and Heliport.

Hooked

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 11, 2013
Hey I'm from upstate NY as well! Living in CA, but grew up in ulster county. Great area. Good luck with your ventures!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...