The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Toronto

3things

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 17, 2013
Canadia
Hey, thought I'd better post an intro, joined up a couple of weeks ago and have enjoyed reading the forum. A lot of good people and a lot of inspiration here :)

A little about me - Edward, 39. I've been dabbling around doing internet stuff since the late 90's, web design/dev, SEO, media buying, affiliate marketing all self taught. Like a lot of affiliates, I got into it in a bigger way in around 07/08 when rebills etc took off. (I see Eskil/Imagesandwords and a few others from Wickedfire here whose handles I recognize).

Made some pretty decent money from most forms of paid traffic, and then went on to have a comfortable income from affiliate sites I ranked organically for the next few years. I've promoted most things imaginable, good bad or otherwise over the years, but all were other peoples products. (I know, I know).

Have also set up and run my own reasonably successful physical product ecomm stores previously (in the UK), and have a lot of experience in most areas of selling stuff online - but I certainly wouldn't claim to be any kind of uber-guru, I've made more than my fair share of mistakes! Hopefully I can pitch in with some help here and there anyway.

With hindsight I'd do some stuff differently but hey ho. (Look at what the Force Factor guys have achieved now from the starting point of promoting the same affiliate stuff as we all were back in '08 - that's a pretty inspiring story).

Anyway, long story short I moved to Canada from the UK almost 4 years ago (Toronto), got married, 'settled down' (read: mortgage) and we now have a 2 y/o son :) Through necessity (long story) I got a j.o.b. working pretty much as a 1 man in-house online ad/media-buying agency in a big multi-national which is a pretty good gig, I get to do what I enjoy without too much interference.

That said, I can feel my life force draining and truth be told I'd much rather be doing my own thing than be on the corporate hamster wheel. Life is pretty good but I have a gnawing feeling of under-achievement. Kinda got burned out with the whole internet (affiliate) thing a while back so I've taken some time to read some books and stuff (the MFL among them).

Now looking to get back into something (as yet undecided but have a few ideas and money to start 'it'), build a business and make some proper cash again. Being an affiliate has been good to me financially but it's time to move on!

I don't post a huge amount but can ramble on a bit when I do ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ped89

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 17, 2013
Wassup man,

Good to hear about a move to Toronto.

I'm from UK as well (Glasgow) just graduated from Uni and now moving to Toronto in September.

Good to know i will have some kindred spirits around.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...