Just picked up MJ's book and can't put it down. Truly excited about the future.
Introducing myself seems a little weird, but here goes. I am 40, but I feel like I'm 30. Wife and two kids. Live in a small, Michigan town. Attended four years at a state university but didn't graduate. I'm a business book/program/system/ etc junkie.
I've held only 3 'joe' jobs, and they are all long behind me. I consider myself an entrepreneur at heart. I've created or help create 4 businesses to date. None of them have been very successful ... yet. I'm ten years into working on my 4th which has sort of split into two businesses, so maybe it's 4 and 5. 4 is an IT services business which has been 'slowlane' so far and needs a defibrillator. 5 has seemingly HUGE potential and almost lines up with a fastlane business as defined in the book.
I spend a LOT of time on my businesses, I have a strong desire to buy my freedom. It's one of my top drivers. I would GLADLY sign up to work hellish hours for the next 5 years if I could buy my freedom at the end.
Two years ago I founded a master mind group of sorts to collectively work on becoming successful. I loved the idea (and still do) but I found that, though the local people I selected were quality, like-minded folks, nobody really had the passion to make anything happen. We went on for about a year and then I pulled the plug on it. The reaction in the other contributors was 'meh' so I guess I made the right decision there.
My hope for this book, and this forum is to give me the foresight to make sure I'm on the right road, and to meet people more intense and more intelligent than myself, and hopefully interested in mutual success.
Cheers
Aaron Garn
Introducing myself seems a little weird, but here goes. I am 40, but I feel like I'm 30. Wife and two kids. Live in a small, Michigan town. Attended four years at a state university but didn't graduate. I'm a business book/program/system/ etc junkie.
I've held only 3 'joe' jobs, and they are all long behind me. I consider myself an entrepreneur at heart. I've created or help create 4 businesses to date. None of them have been very successful ... yet. I'm ten years into working on my 4th which has sort of split into two businesses, so maybe it's 4 and 5. 4 is an IT services business which has been 'slowlane' so far and needs a defibrillator. 5 has seemingly HUGE potential and almost lines up with a fastlane business as defined in the book.
I spend a LOT of time on my businesses, I have a strong desire to buy my freedom. It's one of my top drivers. I would GLADLY sign up to work hellish hours for the next 5 years if I could buy my freedom at the end.
Two years ago I founded a master mind group of sorts to collectively work on becoming successful. I loved the idea (and still do) but I found that, though the local people I selected were quality, like-minded folks, nobody really had the passion to make anything happen. We went on for about a year and then I pulled the plug on it. The reaction in the other contributors was 'meh' so I guess I made the right decision there.
My hope for this book, and this forum is to give me the foresight to make sure I'm on the right road, and to meet people more intense and more intelligent than myself, and hopefully interested in mutual success.
Cheers
Aaron Garn
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
