The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from the poorest country in Cenrtal Europe

arturcookiejar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 16, 2020
Belarus, Minsk
Dear All

I'm Artur, 28 y.o. logistician from Minsk, Belarus. It's here:
The average salary here is about 400 USD per month.
Although the cost of living is cheaper than in the US or Europe, products in stores cost about the same. Most people live on the brink of poverty.
But due to too high pretty level of corruption, there are a lot of wealthy people here too ;)

Why I did not run away from this so-called "island of stability".
Well, I'm lucky by the local standards. I own some property to live in, very close-knit family and relatives.

My salary is about 900 USD which is the ceiling in the labor market for my profession. Obviously, it's my pain point right now.

I have a son and a beautiful wife I have to take care of. Here is me with my son:

About a year ago I've dived into "make money online".

After watching the whole bunch of clickbait shit on YouTube I've decided to launched email marketing business promoting some affiliate products.
The result: I still struggle. There is no value except I made some traffic to a couple of offers. That's it.

You see, if I could make in my country average US salary (4k per month), it seems I could provide for me and my family a millionaire lifestyle.

My goal is to make $3800 using the power of the Internet.

The great book written by MJ has brought me here. Seems it is the right place for me right now.

I know some basic HTML, CSS, JS and React. Sales copywriting and funnel building.

I need to focus my energy on the project worth to be created.
You know, I want to make an impact.
My main mistake is that I've been focused only on money.
I haven't solved a real problem (exсept from my day job ).

This is it short about me and why I'm here. I look for the next step to make in order to achieve my goal.

If someone want to talk to me or know me better, write down here or join me on Insta (@artur.kuharko). Hope, it's not prohibited here.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Welcome!

If you can find a problem in your own job and solve it, that would be a good start.

Misleading title btw. Belarus is not the poorest country - Ukraine and Moldova have a lower monthly salary, not to mention Belarus has one of the lowest unemployment rates. Also, only ~7% of the population live below the poverty line, where the majority of European countries have numbers that are way higher than that (10-30%).

arturcookiejar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 16, 2020
Belarus, Minsk
Welcome!

If you can find a problem in your own job and solve it, that would be a good start.

Misleading title btw. Belarus is not the poorest country - Ukraine and Moldova have a lower monthly salary, not to mention Belarus has one of the lowest unemployment rates. Also, only ~7% of the population live below the poverty line, where the majority of European countries have numbers that are way higher than that (10-30%).

Thanks!

About the topic. Look, the numbers provided upon internal statistics.

The minimum living wage budget established in Belarus is about $97.75.
If you have more than that in a month - you're not poor. LOL

Concerning unemployment. Statistically provided only people, that have declared that they are unemployed. The will be provided with a job (not a great one) and unemployment benefits (about 8$ per month). It's not even funny.

I agree that there are a lot of statistics and countries in a tougher situation. Some numbers provide misleading information.
Maybe I'm wrong with the topic.

I just want to emphasize that mediocre 4k per month in the United States could be a decent income in some regions.

Sebastya, I really appreciate your advice

"If you can find a problem in your own job and solve it, that would be a good start."

If I found a problem and a solution, what is better to do next?
Start consulting? What do you think?

avafab

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 23, 2017
Italy
Why don't you try getting some gigs on Upwork? You can offer very competitive price per hour (<10$) by using your web development skills. Start small. After a few jobs, you will learn more, Get good reviews, become more expert and increase your monthly income.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
Dear All

View attachment 32282
Although the cost of living is cheaper than in the US or Europe, products in stores cost about the same. Most people live on the brink of poverty.
But due to too high pretty level of corruption, there are a lot of wealthy people here too ;)

Well, I'm lucky by the local standards. I own some property to live in, very close-knit family and relatives.

My salary is about 900 USD which is the ceiling in the labor market for my profession. Obviously, it's my pain point right now.

I have a son and a beautiful wife I have to take care of. Here is me with my son:
View attachment 32286

After watching the whole bunch of clickbait shit on YouTube I've decided to launched email marketing business promoting some affiliate products.
The result: I still struggle. There is no value except I made some traffic to a couple of offers. That's it.

You see, if I could make in my country average US salary (4k per month), it seems I could provide for me and my family a millionaire lifestyle.

The great book written by MJ has brought me here. Seems it is the right place for me right now.

I know some basic HTML, CSS, JS and React. Sales copywriting and funnel building.

This is it short about me and why I'm here. I look for the next step to make in order to achieve my goal.

If someone want to talk to me or know me better, write down here or join me on Insta (@artur.kuharko). Hope, it's not prohibited here.

Thanks!
Welcome and love your story.
I see that your country is very visually beautiful maybe you can do some "virtual travel" videos on YouTube where you show some of the sites and interesting aspects of your country, or cool things to do in Belarus. Or perhaps you can highlight your skills on YouTube and monetize them on your website. Upwork may be a good option as well as affiliate marketing. Perhaps you can become an importer of some kind or find a way to fill a hole in your market that is not currently being filled. There is always Turo, Airbnb and Uber type gigs and if they are not available in Belarus then there is a MASSIVE opportunity for you to bring that kind of service to your market.
You live in a poor country which means that there a lot of people in need of help and I am sure there are many, many people like you who are hungry, ambitious and want to lift themselves out of their situation. Perhaps you can create a community of people who are like minded in your country/area and help them grow. Collaborating with like minded people can be very profitable. Good luck and all the best.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
Dear All

View attachment 32282

View attachment 32286

Thanks!
I just thought of another avenue for you, E-learning. If you have a skill you can build a course around perhaps making courses on Udemy or like services. As we are in this current lock down situation learning online is becoming more popular than ever and will not be going away any time soon. All the best.

arturcookiejar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 16, 2020
Belarus, Minsk
I just thought of another avenue for you, E-learning. If you have a skill you can build a course around perhaps making courses on Udemy or like services. As we are in this current lock down situation learning online is becoming more popular than ever and will not be going away any time soon. All the best.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate everything You've said.

Lionhearted, do you personally do affiliate marketing?

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
Thanks a lot! I appreciate everything You've said.

Lionhearted, do you personally do affiliate marketing?
Yes, I am a successful full time content creator on YouTube and derive my income from affiliate marketing (Amazon, eBay) as well advertising from YouTube ads on my content (google).
If I lived in Belarus I would be living like a king I am sure and I live pretty well here too. All the best.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Welcome to the forum Artur.

Your English seems good so you have at least one barrier less.
Also as suggested working from Belarus (thus having lower cost of living)
might be advantage in offering to western countries.

However your paths will go, i'm wishing you good luck.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Welcome @arturcookiejar.

If your goal is $4k a month, then I'd learn a high value skill - programming for the top paid language, and then slowly start building a portfolio of clients.

Also creating an agency that brokers Belarusian talent with the rest of the world could be an easy venture - find talented graphic designers, programmers, etc., productize their service, and then sell it via your own agency.

arturcookiejar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 16, 2020
Belarus, Minsk
Welcome @arturcookiejar.

If your goal is $4k a month, then I'd learn a high value skill - programming for the top paid language, and then slowly start building a portfolio of clients.

Also creating an agency that brokers Belarusian talent with the rest of the world could be an easy venture - find talented graphic designers, programmers, etc., productize their service, and then sell it via your own agency.

Awesome advice!

Something like a development team on the outsource. Seems really really promising.

Concerning the programming.
I always fall down in a circle of information consuming. There is always something I need to dive in and learn to become a product developer and a problem solver.

It's never-ending and definitely makes me overwhelmed, especially when the code doesn't work properly.

I know that IT IS the main job of a programmer: verifying why this doesn't work and fix it. There is the exact part I hate the most, searching for the wrong and dots and commas

Suwilanji

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 9, 2020
Lusaka, Zambia
welcome
Dear All

View attachment 32282

View attachment 32286

Thanks!

welcome aboard!

D

Deleted78083

Hey buddy, welcome! I'm from Belgium and legit love Eastern Europe. I had planned to come to Minsk to study a bit of Russian, then faced with the difficulties and the lack of reliable information, I decided to have a look at Ukraine, much more prone on welcoming tourists.

So here's a first idea for you: many people in Western Europe start developing an interest in visiting Belarus for its communist history and the fact that....well, no one knows anything about the country. I'm sure you could create a TRUSTED English website/OTA about touristic activities in Belarus, you could even focus on tourists from one country if you speak the language (France, Germany etc) and deliver tourism services in that language. I really think there is a lot to do in terms of facilitating trips to Belarus for dumb tourists that don't want to search the internet (I work in tourism in Brussels so I know what I'm talking about).

I know Belarus has plenty to offer and that right now, no one is offering us anything. Will you be the first one?

Best,

Monfi

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Something like a development team on the outsource. Seems really really promising.

Don't overcomplicate it. Start with one guy that's talented. Put a 25% markup on their skills (you can go higher later if it's too easy). Get work for that guy on freelance sites, etc. Then increase it to two, three, four, etc.

Easy to implement. Just figure out how to identify talent and how to navigate different freelancing sites to win bids.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...