Hi,
I'm Mark, 32, and I reside in a city just outside of Boise, Idaho.
I've been lurking for a bit, reading threads. I don't recall how I landed on this forum, but am forever grateful. I've posted a few times and decided I should jump over into the introductions before I go any farther.
Growing up I hated school. I was in a private school for a few years, then parents decided to try their hand at home schooling. I hated that too. It bored me. I much rather curl up somewhere and read a book. As a child it was Hardy Boys novels and such, as I got older it grew into business and related. I also enjoyed tinkering with everything. Taking things apart, figuring out how they worked, then putting them back together, if only half the time.
My interests lie in mechanics, inventions, music, buy and resell, and real estate. I am not in RE yet, but am researching how to get into it. Property around here and I imagine elsewhere is pretty much being given away. I want a piece of that pie!
At the moment I am in the shave ice business, or more commonly known as "sno cones". I do decent, but there is always room for improvement/growth. I want to grow this to where I have capital to fund RE purchases. I've talked to operators who claim earnings of 250k and more a season, and around here that is 3 to 5 months, (longer in the warmer climates).
This keeps me busy from May through August. The rest of the year (actually year round I do this), I buy up auctions and resell. I flip vehicles. I do pretty well buying up Frito Lay step vans and flipping them. They have auctions in nearly every city of every month. Who knew there could be that much surplus and fleets to dispose of but it's going on and on.
I also buy up restaurant equipment. (Sinks, dishwashers, warmers, Pepsi vending machine, meat equipment, etc). My most recent deal gained me a 318% return in six months. Only problem with this is that restaurant auctions are sometimes few and far between.
I like what I do. I enjoy the challenge of going to a preview, looking through stuff, doing my research on its value and then purchasing/flipping it, sometimes I double my money, often times will triple or quadruple. I do have my duds where I lose money as well.
I also buy at government auctions and do pretty decent. I like to diversify my income streams so that something is ALWAYS coming in. I just need to get more focused and make it more manageable. Not sure how this could be scalable? Will likely do it to raise capital for other ventures.
Long before I started any of this...I was mowing lawns. At age 14. I did that for a few years, but wanted another stream of income, so I took a slow lane job at Wendy's. Did that for a few years, then started the shave ice business and quit mowing altogether.
I also dabbled in MLM, never could make a go of any of it.
One might think that after all of this I'd be doing well. I make okay money, but I am not focused. This is an area I am working on. I'm disappointed that at age 32, I am not more secure in life.
And that is me in a nutshell of sorts.
I am privileged to be a participating member of The Fast Lane. Thank you for having me.
Mark
I'm Mark, 32, and I reside in a city just outside of Boise, Idaho.
I've been lurking for a bit, reading threads. I don't recall how I landed on this forum, but am forever grateful. I've posted a few times and decided I should jump over into the introductions before I go any farther.
Growing up I hated school. I was in a private school for a few years, then parents decided to try their hand at home schooling. I hated that too. It bored me. I much rather curl up somewhere and read a book. As a child it was Hardy Boys novels and such, as I got older it grew into business and related. I also enjoyed tinkering with everything. Taking things apart, figuring out how they worked, then putting them back together, if only half the time.
My interests lie in mechanics, inventions, music, buy and resell, and real estate. I am not in RE yet, but am researching how to get into it. Property around here and I imagine elsewhere is pretty much being given away. I want a piece of that pie!
At the moment I am in the shave ice business, or more commonly known as "sno cones". I do decent, but there is always room for improvement/growth. I want to grow this to where I have capital to fund RE purchases. I've talked to operators who claim earnings of 250k and more a season, and around here that is 3 to 5 months, (longer in the warmer climates).
This keeps me busy from May through August. The rest of the year (actually year round I do this), I buy up auctions and resell. I flip vehicles. I do pretty well buying up Frito Lay step vans and flipping them. They have auctions in nearly every city of every month. Who knew there could be that much surplus and fleets to dispose of but it's going on and on.
I also buy up restaurant equipment. (Sinks, dishwashers, warmers, Pepsi vending machine, meat equipment, etc). My most recent deal gained me a 318% return in six months. Only problem with this is that restaurant auctions are sometimes few and far between.
I like what I do. I enjoy the challenge of going to a preview, looking through stuff, doing my research on its value and then purchasing/flipping it, sometimes I double my money, often times will triple or quadruple. I do have my duds where I lose money as well.
I also buy at government auctions and do pretty decent. I like to diversify my income streams so that something is ALWAYS coming in. I just need to get more focused and make it more manageable. Not sure how this could be scalable? Will likely do it to raise capital for other ventures.
Long before I started any of this...I was mowing lawns. At age 14. I did that for a few years, but wanted another stream of income, so I took a slow lane job at Wendy's. Did that for a few years, then started the shave ice business and quit mowing altogether.
I also dabbled in MLM, never could make a go of any of it.
One might think that after all of this I'd be doing well. I make okay money, but I am not focused. This is an area I am working on. I'm disappointed that at age 32, I am not more secure in life.
And that is me in a nutshell of sorts.
I am privileged to be a participating member of The Fast Lane. Thank you for having me.
Mark
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
