Hello!!! I'm a Computer nerd (programming...linux...etc) from Georgia...Haven't completed my computer science degree but I've been out of college for almost 2 years (paying down loans).
I just received TMF in the mail a couple of days ago. So far it's been excellent ( Still reading it). Like a drink of fresh water. I didn't know this book/forum existed until I saw an interview with MJ (I think it was on the smartpassiveincome blog).
That being said I remember watching some talk show (It was Oprah) where the host created a slowlane "Debt Diet" and one of their financial "gurus" (It just happens that I owned a book from him) makes the statement along the lines of
........"if you do X then [WAIT FOR IT..WAIT FOR IT......] in ONLY 30 YEARS!! you'll have <insert amount of money not large enough to sustain retirement or live happily>" and the slowlane audience was wowed.
I could not believe what I was hearing. I'm pretty sure Suze Orman was on the show as well. My family watched the whole series....5 straight days of "don't buy that latte" and "clip those coupons"...."get these mutual funds....blah blah stock market"....Meanwhile these gurus were making money hand over fist with their books, DVDs and television shows..As MJ says in TMF they are not following their own advice....
I'm glad to find this forum and MJ's book. Now I know that I'm not the only one who's not crazy! This forum is the only outlet for my newfound "fastlane philosophy" because in general...my family/friends are all habitual sidewalkers/slowlaners and they don't take too kindly to fastlane thinking...trust me. It's no different than telling a fat person to lose weight. It's the truth...but it ticks them off and they shut down mentally to avoid dealing with it!
P.S. - To any "fat people" who may be offended. I'm also overweight..and I've been walking -> jogging and reducing the amount of food that I intake on a daily basis (for about a week now)....so deal with it!
I just received TMF in the mail a couple of days ago. So far it's been excellent ( Still reading it). Like a drink of fresh water. I didn't know this book/forum existed until I saw an interview with MJ (I think it was on the smartpassiveincome blog).
That being said I remember watching some talk show (It was Oprah) where the host created a slowlane "Debt Diet" and one of their financial "gurus" (It just happens that I owned a book from him) makes the statement along the lines of
........"if you do X then [WAIT FOR IT..WAIT FOR IT......] in ONLY 30 YEARS!! you'll have <insert amount of money not large enough to sustain retirement or live happily>" and the slowlane audience was wowed.
I could not believe what I was hearing. I'm pretty sure Suze Orman was on the show as well. My family watched the whole series....5 straight days of "don't buy that latte" and "clip those coupons"...."get these mutual funds....blah blah stock market"....Meanwhile these gurus were making money hand over fist with their books, DVDs and television shows..As MJ says in TMF they are not following their own advice....
I'm glad to find this forum and MJ's book. Now I know that I'm not the only one who's not crazy! This forum is the only outlet for my newfound "fastlane philosophy" because in general...my family/friends are all habitual sidewalkers/slowlaners and they don't take too kindly to fastlane thinking...trust me. It's no different than telling a fat person to lose weight. It's the truth...but it ticks them off and they shut down mentally to avoid dealing with it!
P.S. - To any "fat people" who may be offended. I'm also overweight..and I've been walking -> jogging and reducing the amount of food that I intake on a daily basis (for about a week now)....so deal with it!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
