The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from smalltown Georgia!

fastlaneCoder

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Apr 10, 2012
Georgia, USA
Hello!!! I'm a Computer nerd (programming...linux...etc) from Georgia...Haven't completed my computer science degree but I've been out of college for almost 2 years (paying down loans).

I just received TMF in the mail a couple of days ago. So far it's been excellent ( Still reading it). Like a drink of fresh water. I didn't know this book/forum existed until I saw an interview with MJ (I think it was on the smartpassiveincome blog).

That being said I remember watching some talk show (It was Oprah) where the host created a slowlane "Debt Diet" and one of their financial "gurus" (It just happens that I owned a book from him) makes the statement along the lines of
........"if you do X then [WAIT FOR IT..WAIT FOR IT......] in ONLY 30 YEARS!! you'll have <insert amount of money not large enough to sustain retirement or live happily>" and the slowlane audience was wowed.

I could not believe what I was hearing. I'm pretty sure Suze Orman was on the show as well. My family watched the whole series....5 straight days of "don't buy that latte" and "clip those coupons"...."get these mutual funds....blah blah stock market"....Meanwhile these gurus were making money hand over fist with their books, DVDs and television shows..As MJ says in TMF they are not following their own advice....

I'm glad to find this forum and MJ's book. Now I know that I'm not the only one who's not crazy! This forum is the only outlet for my newfound "fastlane philosophy" because in general...my family/friends are all habitual sidewalkers/slowlaners and they don't take too kindly to fastlane thinking...trust me. It's no different than telling a fat person to lose weight. It's the truth...but it ticks them off and they shut down mentally to avoid dealing with it!

P.S. - To any "fat people" who may be offended. I'm also overweight..and I've been walking -> jogging and reducing the amount of food that I intake on a daily basis (for about a week now)....so deal with it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Welcome to the forum! I hope you find it as useful as both I and many of us have! Oh, and also congrats on the lifestyle goals as well :) keep it up!

fastlaneCoder

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Apr 10, 2012
Georgia, USA
Thanks

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find it as useful as both I and many of us have! Oh, and also congrats on the lifestyle goals as well :) keep it up!

Thanks for the encouragement. I just looked at the obscene amount of money that one can spend on extra [junk] foods and thought those funds would be better suited to my fastlane activities....

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
That being said I remember watching some talk show (It was Oprah) where the host created a slowlane "Debt Diet" and one of their financial "gurus" (It just happens that I owned a book from him) makes the statement along the lines of
........"if you do X then [WAIT FOR IT..WAIT FOR IT......] in ONLY 30 YEARS!! you'll have <insert amount of money not large enough to sustain retirement or live happily>" and the slowlane audience was wowed.

Ha Ha, you took the blinders off, and now you can see. Makes me happy. =)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fastlaneCoder

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Apr 10, 2012
Georgia, USA
I reviewed your book on amazon

Ha Ha, you took the blinders off, and now you can see. Makes me happy. =)

Hey man, I 5 starred your book on amazon...here's the review I gave it!

"This is a great book that does away with the typical financial guru hogwash! This book is about the mental/mindset aspect of making money and generating wealth! It quickly dispels the notion of the 40 year road to wealth! I read some one star reviews that complained that this book isn't a step by step guide. Well, HE TELLS YOU THAT IN THE BEGINNING! If it were as easy as reading some step-by step guide then everybody would be rich. Not to mention the fact that there are multiple routes to wealth, so what steps would a step by step guide contain? Those reviewers don't want to use their brains and are whining because someone isn't doing the hard part for them! This book does not hold your hand and tuck you in at night! I'm extremely glad the author stayed away from gimmicky techniques like "no money down real estate"..etc. "

And I've also talked about it with my sister! And another dude in ATL.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
This forum is the only outlet for my newfound "fastlane philosophy" because in general...my family/friends are all habitual sidewalkers/slowlaners and they don't take too kindly to fastlane thinking...trust me. It's no different than telling a fat person to lose weight. It's the truth...but it ticks them off and they shut down mentally to avoid dealing with it!

Yeah! The same for most of us. Sometimes is difficult to deal with this because you are the only one in your circle that thinks different. That's what this forum is for! ;)

Welcome aboard and the best for you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...