Hello All!
My name is Paul. I'm 29 and I live in Poland.
Currently I work for one of the biggest IT corporations, and frankly hate it
After the initial feeling of earning a decent (high above the average in Poland) salary right after my MSc studies, 5 years went by and all of a sudden I realized that I'm no closer to my dream of financial indipendence, and don't really see any path to get there.
I guess when compared to most of my peers in our country I might be considered blessed as I can live reasonably stress-free when it comes to my income. To put the "stress-free" part in perspective, as this is probably different for US: I live in a rented flat (with my wife), have no mortage, drive 14 y/o car, and can afford to put some money on a savings account every month.
What brought me here?
Of course, MJ DeMarco's book - I have just started reading it on my Kindle...
Where I hope to be someday?
It is my dream to be financially independent, to be able to build a decent house, travel a lot, and drive my dream car
Do I have a plan to get there? Nope... and that's my problem. I am master at killing any business idea with the "why it can't work". Also, I can see some of my friends trying to achieve their financial independence running their businesses (IT), and having much less to their name than me, while working 20 hours a day, compared to 8 I put in...
Anyways, I am here looking for inspiration, and probably to learn from other people who have already been there...
Warm greetings from Poland!
Paul
My name is Paul. I'm 29 and I live in Poland.
Currently I work for one of the biggest IT corporations, and frankly hate it
I guess when compared to most of my peers in our country I might be considered blessed as I can live reasonably stress-free when it comes to my income. To put the "stress-free" part in perspective, as this is probably different for US: I live in a rented flat (with my wife), have no mortage, drive 14 y/o car, and can afford to put some money on a savings account every month.
What brought me here?
Of course, MJ DeMarco's book - I have just started reading it on my Kindle...
Where I hope to be someday?
It is my dream to be financially independent, to be able to build a decent house, travel a lot, and drive my dream car
Do I have a plan to get there? Nope... and that's my problem. I am master at killing any business idea with the "why it can't work". Also, I can see some of my friends trying to achieve their financial independence running their businesses (IT), and having much less to their name than me, while working 20 hours a day, compared to 8 I put in...
Anyways, I am here looking for inspiration, and probably to learn from other people who have already been there...
Warm greetings from Poland!
Paul
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
