Hey all, brand new here. Just read the book and I love it, starting to read it for a second time. How many times have you read it?
A little about myself, I have worked for three largest tech/internet companies as a salaried employee. I current have a company, with active clients, and my site is about to go live, http://www.evidencebasedads.com/
I specialize in SEM & Social Marketing for ecommerce. This is my past training in corporate America, and I am doing it on my own. I have active clients going in.
A few key lessons from the book;
1) Financial Mastery is key to success as an entrepreneur. You dont see that too often talked about. My father in law was real estate mogul in the bay area, and could run any number, any time. He was also frugal, and did not own an expensive watch, but owned a dozen high end mg's. In the rat race(corp America), I was compelled to buy expensive things, burberry suits, expensive luggage, shoes, watches, appearances. now I dont care. I can wear sweats and earn as much, and not be compelled to go drinking every night with people I just have no desire to hang with, no offense.
2) What is the market NEED of your product? Not focusing on money, but marketplace needs was a key point that helped me recently provide customer service, and to get away from the 'automated' customer service minded touted in 4HR, and unfortunately prevalent in more and more companies. The best entrepreneurs I know do this, and are not just hucking bs info products. The era of FAQ's being 'customer service' will come to an end.
3) Success takes very hard work. Who says this anymore? This is a message that is sorely needed nowadays. Its Anti - 'The Secret.' I like it. I have personally seen The Secret cost people $100K's in sunken real estate investments, its a dangerous philosophy and reflects our entitlement society. While others are wishing success, let us be the ones that work for it, and achieve it.
4) Live where it makes you happy. I too have seasonal affective dis. etc, but never was 'diagnosed.' I just know I feel like garbage and perform poorly in the winter. I live in the north, but my destination is where it is sunny. I grew up in the mid west, moved to NYC for my career, and have to stay for now for obligations. But will not spend the rest of my life here. I know that sunshine makes me feel good.
I look forward to reading your stories, and coming back here for motivation
A little about myself, I have worked for three largest tech/internet companies as a salaried employee. I current have a company, with active clients, and my site is about to go live, http://www.evidencebasedads.com/
I specialize in SEM & Social Marketing for ecommerce. This is my past training in corporate America, and I am doing it on my own. I have active clients going in.
A few key lessons from the book;
1) Financial Mastery is key to success as an entrepreneur. You dont see that too often talked about. My father in law was real estate mogul in the bay area, and could run any number, any time. He was also frugal, and did not own an expensive watch, but owned a dozen high end mg's. In the rat race(corp America), I was compelled to buy expensive things, burberry suits, expensive luggage, shoes, watches, appearances. now I dont care. I can wear sweats and earn as much, and not be compelled to go drinking every night with people I just have no desire to hang with, no offense.
2) What is the market NEED of your product? Not focusing on money, but marketplace needs was a key point that helped me recently provide customer service, and to get away from the 'automated' customer service minded touted in 4HR, and unfortunately prevalent in more and more companies. The best entrepreneurs I know do this, and are not just hucking bs info products. The era of FAQ's being 'customer service' will come to an end.
3) Success takes very hard work. Who says this anymore? This is a message that is sorely needed nowadays. Its Anti - 'The Secret.' I like it. I have personally seen The Secret cost people $100K's in sunken real estate investments, its a dangerous philosophy and reflects our entitlement society. While others are wishing success, let us be the ones that work for it, and achieve it.
4) Live where it makes you happy. I too have seasonal affective dis. etc, but never was 'diagnosed.' I just know I feel like garbage and perform poorly in the winter. I live in the north, but my destination is where it is sunny. I grew up in the mid west, moved to NYC for my career, and have to stay for now for obligations. But will not spend the rest of my life here. I know that sunshine makes me feel good.
I look forward to reading your stories, and coming back here for motivation
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
