The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Northwest Arkansas

msabath

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 7, 2012
My name is Matthew and I am from northwest Arkansas. I'm 28, married with two kids, and not altogether new to the business world, but still have a ton to learn!

I am a software developer by day and an entrepreneur by night. Sometimes I am lucky enough (or maybe unlucky :D ) to merge the two. None of my previous ventures have taken off in the way that I would like, but they have all been great learning experiences. If you are curious, here is a brief list of some of the ventures that I have or am currently pursuing:

• Online stores using dropship as well as sole distributor products
  • SMS Marketing / Daily deal
  • Online and offline lead generation
  • Blogging
  • Online affiliate sales
  • IT Consulting
  • Writing classical music and sales jingles
  • Targeted direct mail
  • GIS services

Some of these have provided profit, most haven't. I have yet to learn how to stop trading time for money. My ideas have always focused on what I can provide for other people, yet still were too dependent on my time. It isn't scalable if I can't delegate.

Another concept I hope to gain understanding of is mutually beneficial business concepts. I approached these businesses with the goal of making money, not necessarily helping another business or individual. That's not to say I wasn't providing a valuable service or product, just that my focus was wrong. As I read in a post on this forum, making money is like attracting a cat. You can't go after it directly, but focus on what the cat wants or needs and it will come to you.

What really attracted me to this forum is sheer amount knowledge and experience and the lack of crappy, generic posts. I am a member of several other forums, which shall remain nameless, and I have never used my real name. I am very impressed with what I have read so far and am looking forward to being an active member of this forum.

Thanks for reading!

Matthew

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If you are in what only people from NW Arkansas describe as NW Arkansas (a particular distinction only used by people in that subset of the world)... you must be near the homes of Wal-Mart, JB Hunt, and Tyson Chicken.

msabath

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 7, 2012
You're right Vigilante! Right in the heart of it! Do you know a lot about the area?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I lived in Rogers, AR for 2 years and Centerton, AR for a couple of years. :)

msabath

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 7, 2012
Very nice! I live in Lowell. I just moved here for a job at one of the Big 3 down here. I moved from Branson, MO. How long has it been since you've been here? It has really exploded in the last 5 years.

Side not, your posts are great! I'm reading a thread about importing that you have contributed a lot of information in. It's exactly what I've been looking for!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I was just there last summer for a wedding, and can't believe that area. We went to the promenade in Rogers, AR and I think it was maybe the nicest mall I have ever been to (even living in Minnesota where we have the Mall of America.)

msabath

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 7, 2012
Yea it's really amazing! We hadn't spent any time down here. The first time I was here was for my interview and then I came down one weekend with some cash and got a rental house to move into. We have been nothing but impressed with the area. And there is so much money and new business happening.

I'm about to start some target direct mail to new movers to the area using offers that new movers need. I'm very familiar with those needs at the moment. =)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Have you read the Millionaire Fast lane?

msabath

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 7, 2012
Not yet, but I ordered it and am eager to read more than the first 3 chapters that are a free download when you sign up for the forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...