What's new

Hello from Hawaii... here we go..

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

enigma9011

New Contributor
Joined
Mar 31, 2011
Messages
2
Rep Bank
$75
User Power: 100%
Hi everyone my name is Charles, I currently reside on the island of Oahu. I'm about half way through the book and I'm really enjoying it. 4 years and 3 months ago I signed my life away to the US Navy and that has brought me out here. When I signed that paper my heart sank, I felt like I signed my life away but it was supposed to be a stepping stone to get away from upstate NY and eventually get to college.

I've always had an interest in business and I've for a long time wanted to start something of my own and get out of working for someone else for a living. Long story short I really messed up. The military drained me to a point where I lost all focus on my hopes and dreams and I also really messed up by not making the most of it, by getting myself in the terrible position I am in now.

I'm not really sure what I can do at this point. I want to get to the "fastlane" and I'm willing to do whatever it takes... I don't know if I ever will given my situation. I believe in myself, I am determined, and I try to maintain positive thinking telling myself I can do it, I will do it, I will make something of myself outside of being a worker bee. My situation is bad though and any advice would be appreciated..

I'm in way over my head I'm awaiting administrative separation from the Navy, I have two financed cars, one with a transmission that blew up, the other is a Porsche that is in rough shape. I can not possibly sell either car and expect to be able to pay off the loans associated with them. I do not have the money to pay for the required repairs. I have appox $25,000 dollars financed between these two cars, I have approx $20,000 of unsecured debt, and I have approx $2500 left in cash and about 1.5 months of military pay remaining which might be around $2000 - $3000 coming before I am discharged. I am not recieving an honorable discharge, I may end up with a general at best leaving me without my GI bill benefits or unemployment.

On a more positive note, I have never once in my life missed a payment on anything, my credit score as of right now is approx 700. I am considering bankruptcy. I feel it's a last resort but at this point I am uncertain of what I can do. My rent out here is cheap for Hawaii, I pay $450 a month and I don't pay any utilities. When I am processed out I will have the oppertunity to get sent back home to upstate NY... and I most likely would take that path given my situation to be with my Grandmother and my girlfriend back home.

This is a huge blow to my pride though.. and although I am very determined looking at this and reading what the book as to say in regards to debt I don't know what I can do to escape this. I know I am responsible for getting myself here, I am only 24 years old but the thought of ruining my credit is really killing me. Also having an interest in getting a business of some sorts in the future this would create I feel it would create a huge roadblock to my success.

I know I probably sound like a fool and yes I have made many foolish choices but I'm at a point where enough is enough, I will learn from this and I will not repeat these mistakes so with that I open myself up to any and all feedback you guys may have for me. Thank you..
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Emuje epf Nejemu gus vji opvsu. O'wi ciip vu Ueja updi. Ov't e hsiev qmedi, itqidoemmz updi zua fsowi epf hiv exez gsun vji tvsoq. Vjot gusan ot gamm ug hsiev opgusnevoup. Zua katv piif vu sief vjsuahj ov apvom zua gopf vji citv tumavoup gus zuas tovaevoup. Fai fomohipdi (et NK epf uvjist tez) ot vji liz.

Ximduni epf huuf madl op vji Getvmepi!
 
Gostv voq vu hivvoph jimq ot vu ati qesehseqjt. Ov't jesf vu sief e hoepv cmudl ug viyv.
 
Muuloph ev nz qutv ov eqqiest zua esi dussidv. Qisjeqt O piif vu xusl up nz xsovoph tlommt. Xjev't e qesehseqj? :tmiiq: Quopv velip.
 
ipohne O lpux ov muult cmiel sohjv pux. Vjot ot upmz e canq op vji suef. Pupi ug at dep vimm zua tqidogodemmz xjev vu fu cav zua dep neli civvis djuodit xovj nusi ifadevoup. Zua nez jewi vu gomi gus ceplsaqvdz, O fup'v lpux. Zua nez ci ecmi vu sipihuvoevi epf tivvmi vji ficvt , O fup'v lpux. O fu lpux vjev xjip zua jov vji cuvvun vjisi ot pu xez vu hu cav aq.

Ov muult moli zua jewi nefi e tisoit ug cef djuodit epf pux zua jewi vu qez vji qoqis. Eheop, ov't vinqusesz epf ov fuit puv figopi zua. Sief e muv, jeph esuapf epf miesp, etl raitvoupt, epf neli zuas qmept vu neli zuas mogi civvis op tnemm tviqt gsun jisi up uav.

Zua dep epf xomm siduwis gsun vjot og zua tvodl xovj ov. Ov xomm ci vuahj epf ov xomm ci qeopgam. Zua xomm taswowi.

Huuf madl.
 
1. Veli e qoidi ug qeqis epf eff aq emm ficvt tu ges - up vji uvjis tofi xsovi fuxp vji xustv quttocmi tdipesou vjev dep jeqqip vu zua.

2. Pihuvoevi xovj emm qiuqmi zua uxi nupiz ecuav zuas tovaevoup, et muph et zua dunnapodevi xovj vjin vjisi ot emxezt e tumavoup.

3. Hiv e kuc vu qez iwiszvjoph, xusl jesf, liiq izit uqip ecuav catopitt ofiet epf miesp xjev ov niept vu opwitv op cuult sevjis vjep qustdjit.

QT: Fup'v raov vji kuc og zua tvesv zuas gostv catopitt ug epz lopf.

QQT: Sief vji djeqvist ecuav tewoph nupiz WISZ UGVIP. Caz puvjoph op zuas mogivoni eheop og zua fup'v qez ov detj.

Vjopht xomm ci gopi caffz, hsiivopht vu tappz jexeoo :tnyE:
 
Zua esi iyqisoipdoph mogitvzmi tiswovafi xovj vji dest ... vjot nohjv ci e nunipv xjisi zua gopf xotfun. O lpux ov xet gus ni xjisi O vumf nztimg O xuamf piwis caz e des apmitt O vsamz duamf eggusf ov. Zuas tovaevoup (djieq sipv/ pu avomovoit) emtu ot e hsiev uqqusvapovz vjev nepz uvjist xomm piwis hiv. Neli tasi vu veli efwepvehi!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom