Hello,
My name is Joseph and I'm from just outside London. I found the forum after reading MJ's book and have actually been lurking for a few months trying to absorb as much information as I could. It's a pleasure to actually find a forum with members who are actually running "real" businesses and solving real problems.
The reason I particularly like the book is that it reaffirmed what I deep down already knew, that I've been far too focused on making money versus building a sustainable and truly valuable company that helps others.
I studied Economics at University and worked for an investment bank for a number of years where I helped clients manage foreign exchange and interest rate risk. I left the bank and set up a business with my friend, as it's something I had always wanted to do. My family wasn't happy that I left a well paying job but I haven't regretted it for a second.
We have had our lead generation business for over two years and it's ticking along but has not become the fast lane business that we wanted. So we've amicably decided to go our own ways, which was always our medium-term plan anyway, and now I'm ready to work on my own project.
I would like to say thank you to MJ for creating the forum and also to the top contributors who I have enjoyed reading without giving anything back myself. Now I intend to contribute to the community where I can.
Joseph
My name is Joseph and I'm from just outside London. I found the forum after reading MJ's book and have actually been lurking for a few months trying to absorb as much information as I could. It's a pleasure to actually find a forum with members who are actually running "real" businesses and solving real problems.
The reason I particularly like the book is that it reaffirmed what I deep down already knew, that I've been far too focused on making money versus building a sustainable and truly valuable company that helps others.
I studied Economics at University and worked for an investment bank for a number of years where I helped clients manage foreign exchange and interest rate risk. I left the bank and set up a business with my friend, as it's something I had always wanted to do. My family wasn't happy that I left a well paying job but I haven't regretted it for a second.
We have had our lead generation business for over two years and it's ticking along but has not become the fast lane business that we wanted. So we've amicably decided to go our own ways, which was always our medium-term plan anyway, and now I'm ready to work on my own project.
I would like to say thank you to MJ for creating the forum and also to the top contributors who I have enjoyed reading without giving anything back myself. Now I intend to contribute to the community where I can.
Joseph
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
