Dear fellow Fastlaners,
I want to say hi to everyone and post a short intro to myself.
Since studying at the university it was clear to me that I want to start my own company. The internet was really young (anyone remember the Gopher service?
) and I said I will make a million by selling a software for $1 to one million people over the internet.
Then after graduating I started my own software company and was quite successful but then the tech crash beginning of 2000 killed my company. Not immediatley - I struggled for more than one year but then decided to leave the company alone (not been able to sell it) and get a corporate job.
So I am approaching my 10th anniversary as a corporate bee and while I had my successes I drove myself into a situation called "learned helplessness" aka "burnout". I took a few weeks off and took some very important decisions for myself. One - I will never feel as helpless as in this time again - Two - quit believing the BS that a corporate job gives you "safety" and you must take the Slowlane approach (which I have talked myself into and now I know the proper term for it and the path to avoid it).
So after getting my mindset in the right direction and gain confidence by remembering how it was in my "good" days I managed to stand up again. And now I am here after falling for large IM guru´s courses where I burned a lot of money just to have not started my own business successfully. And then after continously reading books I arrived here in the forum.
Meanwhile I have created a business together with a friend in the area of wealth creation with stocks (where I have run into a wall and am currently wondering how to solve my problem - but for this I will open up another thread). And I came back to my first idea on how to make a million and am very determined to make it real this time. Not with a $1 product but the path seems to be clearer now on how to accomplish that.
So after this not so short introduction I think I will start lurking around a bit and read the existing threads. But while reading I will start creating my business to I think I will open up threads while I go along with the chance that this has been answered before. I hope to not step on the toes of someone with that approach.
I am really looking forward on this journey and hope to get help and sooner or later also provide help in this forum. Thanks for reading it until here.
I want to say hi to everyone and post a short intro to myself.
Since studying at the university it was clear to me that I want to start my own company. The internet was really young (anyone remember the Gopher service?
Then after graduating I started my own software company and was quite successful but then the tech crash beginning of 2000 killed my company. Not immediatley - I struggled for more than one year but then decided to leave the company alone (not been able to sell it) and get a corporate job.
So I am approaching my 10th anniversary as a corporate bee and while I had my successes I drove myself into a situation called "learned helplessness" aka "burnout". I took a few weeks off and took some very important decisions for myself. One - I will never feel as helpless as in this time again - Two - quit believing the BS that a corporate job gives you "safety" and you must take the Slowlane approach (which I have talked myself into and now I know the proper term for it and the path to avoid it).
So after getting my mindset in the right direction and gain confidence by remembering how it was in my "good" days I managed to stand up again. And now I am here after falling for large IM guru´s courses where I burned a lot of money just to have not started my own business successfully. And then after continously reading books I arrived here in the forum.
Meanwhile I have created a business together with a friend in the area of wealth creation with stocks (where I have run into a wall and am currently wondering how to solve my problem - but for this I will open up another thread). And I came back to my first idea on how to make a million and am very determined to make it real this time. Not with a $1 product but the path seems to be clearer now on how to accomplish that.
So after this not so short introduction I think I will start lurking around a bit and read the existing threads. But while reading I will start creating my business to I think I will open up threads while I go along with the chance that this has been answered before. I hope to not step on the toes of someone with that approach.
I am really looking forward on this journey and hope to get help and sooner or later also provide help in this forum. Thanks for reading it until here.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
