The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Cologne in Germany

alexs

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 5, 2012
Cologne, Germany
Dear fellow Fastlaners,

I want to say hi to everyone and post a short intro to myself.

Since studying at the university it was clear to me that I want to start my own company. The internet was really young (anyone remember the Gopher service? :) ) and I said I will make a million by selling a software for $1 to one million people over the internet.

Then after graduating I started my own software company and was quite successful but then the tech crash beginning of 2000 killed my company. Not immediatley - I struggled for more than one year but then decided to leave the company alone (not been able to sell it) and get a corporate job.

So I am approaching my 10th anniversary as a corporate bee and while I had my successes I drove myself into a situation called "learned helplessness" aka "burnout". I took a few weeks off and took some very important decisions for myself. One - I will never feel as helpless as in this time again - Two - quit believing the BS that a corporate job gives you "safety" and you must take the Slowlane approach (which I have talked myself into and now I know the proper term for it and the path to avoid it).

So after getting my mindset in the right direction and gain confidence by remembering how it was in my "good" days I managed to stand up again. And now I am here after falling for large IM guru´s courses where I burned a lot of money just to have not started my own business successfully. And then after continously reading books I arrived here in the forum.

Meanwhile I have created a business together with a friend in the area of wealth creation with stocks (where I have run into a wall and am currently wondering how to solve my problem - but for this I will open up another thread). And I came back to my first idea on how to make a million and am very determined to make it real this time. Not with a $1 product but the path seems to be clearer now on how to accomplish that.

So after this not so short introduction I think I will start lurking around a bit and read the existing threads. But while reading I will start creating my business to I think I will open up threads while I go along with the chance that this has been answered before. I hope to not step on the toes of someone with that approach.

I am really looking forward on this journey and hope to get help and sooner or later also provide help in this forum. Thanks for reading it until here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...