The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Chicago!!

Genester

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 23, 2013
Hello all, my name is Gene and I live near Chicago. I'm currently in the process of finishing up MJ's book, about 60% of the way done, and I must say that it is an awesome book, really helped me change my entire mindset.

I currently own a small company specializing in SEO consulting services, web design, PPC management, etc. My clients are local business owners so It's very cool to get to see how they run their own businesses, I have also made some good connections with a few clients.

I have always wanted to have my own business for as long as I can remember, I never liked working for someone (who does?), so after a 5 year stint at a private bank here I decided to branch out. By the way I'm 25 right now. This SEO consulting business is alright for now because it's paying the bills, but I'm having a difficult time focusing on growing it to something that will generate millions of dollars of revenue per year. My ultimate goal is to have a company that generates that amount and I just don't know if this is the right one for me.

Because of this uncertainty I've been looking into various other business ventures and just partnered up with a client of mine to start another business as partners. This business will consist of us creating a high quality product of our own and selling it through our eCommerce site and hopefully through distributors. I have very high hopes for this business because I can see the potential here and my partner already has an established business making millions per year, so I know he's a good partner to have for this.

Anyway, I've been a lurker of this forum for some time now and finally decided to sign up and start contributing and networking with you fine people. I think it's very important to be around people who have similar mindsets as you and we can definitely all learn from each other.

Like I said, my ultimate goal is to live the lifestyle MJ is living right now lol. I want the Lamborghinis, I want the big house with the pool, I want the freedom to be able to do whatever I want whenever I want to do it. I also want to support my family and be able to help those less fortunate than me. Money is great we all know that, but I think that helping people in their time of need is even greater.

My family immigrated to the U.S from the Ukraine back in 1993, we've had a tough road getting to where we are now, we still live very modestly and still struggle financially. I really want to be the one that changes this for my family and allow my parents to live life to the fullest for the remaining years they have left, they've worked extremely hard their entire lives and left their home country so that I could have a better life here in the U.S, I want nothing more than to be able to provide for them everything that they may ever need.

Alright this has gone on too long lol. I look forward to being on this forum and learning from all of you and communicating with everyone. Feel free to PM me if you live in the area and would like to grab lunch and talk business or something.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Genester

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 23, 2013
Anyone else here from the Chicago area? Would love to meet up with some of you.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Hi Genester! I am in Chicago, near China Town...I would like to meet.

eta: Just read your post, I think you should read through the other 40%! Good luck!!

Genester

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 23, 2013
Hi Determined, yea I've finished the book since I made that post.

I'm definitely up for getting a Chicago meetup going. I'll go ahead and respond to your meetup thread since I think that will work out better.

Thanks for replying!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...