The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Canada!

leonbenj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 11, 2013
Montreal, Can
Hi all!

Im a 24 yr old Mech engineering graduate. All my life ive been chasing after good grades and my education. Once my bachelors complete, i found myself so lost for a while as i couldnt find a job.
It didnt seem straight forward for me to jump in a wagon for the next 40 yrs to save 10%... It took me about 8-10 months to get to the right book that would be able to foresee the different paths people can choose in life.
Fastlane was the book that actually did it right for me. It showed me exactly what i was looking for at that point in my life. I was shocked that no one had brought ideas like this to me in the past. Im very glad i came across it and my bro was already several months into it when i started readjusting my future goals.
Anyhow, im still 3/4 through the book but i can tell you that it has already drastically changed the path i will take in my life.
Thank you MJ for making this book happen. I look forward being within this community of other fellow fastlaners to learn and grow (financially and as a people).

Leon

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jason K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Mar 10, 2013
Lucky you for finding it so soon...and congratulations on looking for it so early in your career. I spent my 20s earning money and having fun, but not building wealth. Only in my 30s did things click.

Lots of people don't use their formal education as their career path. I don't (operations management--great skillset to have). Armand Hammer , the only guy in the 80s who could land his plane and be equally welcomed in Washington, Beijing and Moscow, was trained as a doctor.

Any ideas on how you're going to jump into the fastlane?

leonbenj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 11, 2013
Montreal, Can
Thank you Jason!
Hmm, i found a job in a growing company in december. And i can say, from every job position ive had (ony a handful as i was a fulltime student), ive always looked at the big picture. Who does what and how much responsibility each person has. It gave my environment a better structure for me and i was alwaya curious of how everyones tasks fitted in together.
That being said, being in a small company now, i feel closer to the owners and it gives me a better idea of how their big decisions are made.
Id like to incorporate all this info ive gathered over the years into my own.

Ive really liked doing everything myself, even when i threw parties at home i liked to have structure on what goes where and at what time etc etc.

Im really into 3d printing (built my own a year ago for a client). I also love designing and building things (presently in a design engineer position in the research n development department of a company). So im still learning of how the processes are done in a running and growing industry.

Im also into music producing and djing. As well as photo editing..

I have no clear path to take at the moment. Maybe all at once? Didnt decide yet.

brycer9

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jan 21, 2013
find one specific need in the marketplace, stick with it, and do whatever it takes to fulfill it

its as simple as that. You don't need any experience beforehand. As MJ said, solve things on a problem-by-problem basis

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...