CJLmeansBiz
New Contributor
Hi everyone and MJ thank you so much for your book. I ordered the book about a month ago and it came in the day before I left for vacation in Vegas (my hubby loves to gamble) instead of spending my time in the various stores there as I usually would have done or working on an assignment for my internship as I "should have," I spent my time doing the only thing that felt important--reading TMF . I couldn't put the book down. Starting on the first night, I spent my time in the room reading and finished the book in less than two days, jet-lagged and all. Anyway, I am so glad that I have discovered TMF and this forum.
I am currently a law student, who always thought of law school as a back-up plan (with entrepreneurship being my plan A) but pursued the former as if it were my only plan. I'm finally ready and have the courage to focus on what it is I truly want and see myself doing. I've made my class schedule this semester to allow for that. It's great to be here among like-minded people. If the average sidewalker prostitutes his 9-to-5, there are no words to describe what the attorney does. It is amazing to me how coveted a contracted 60+ hour work week is among my fellow students. Alternatively, as a law school friend suggested I could always work less hours at 9-5 job paying me 60,000 a year. Yea, right....there are other alternatives out there I wanted to say, some of us, myself included, have no interest in the slowlane.
ETA: I currently have a couple of ideas that I am focusing on. One is a product idea that I could get to market in a relatively short space of time. It is relatively straightforward and I am currently working on a prototype for it and trying to evaluate customer need or do customer development as Steve Blanks would say. The other is an internet based service that I suspect will require more capital, and has more moving parts, so to speak, so I am thinking about focusing on the product idea first to gain experience etc.. Perhaps, I should just move forward with the site idea instead but I feel like there is value in getting my feet wet with the product idea, which would be a smaller investment. I suppose in part, I lack some confidence/am aware of my ignorance as I don't have a business background (I am currently reading different books to help with whatever I am missing in that regard though).
I am currently a law student, who always thought of law school as a back-up plan (with entrepreneurship being my plan A) but pursued the former as if it were my only plan. I'm finally ready and have the courage to focus on what it is I truly want and see myself doing. I've made my class schedule this semester to allow for that. It's great to be here among like-minded people. If the average sidewalker prostitutes his 9-to-5, there are no words to describe what the attorney does. It is amazing to me how coveted a contracted 60+ hour work week is among my fellow students. Alternatively, as a law school friend suggested I could always work less hours at 9-5 job paying me 60,000 a year. Yea, right....there are other alternatives out there I wanted to say, some of us, myself included, have no interest in the slowlane.
ETA: I currently have a couple of ideas that I am focusing on. One is a product idea that I could get to market in a relatively short space of time. It is relatively straightforward and I am currently working on a prototype for it and trying to evaluate customer need or do customer development as Steve Blanks would say. The other is an internet based service that I suspect will require more capital, and has more moving parts, so to speak, so I am thinking about focusing on the product idea first to gain experience etc.. Perhaps, I should just move forward with the site idea instead but I feel like there is value in getting my feet wet with the product idea, which would be a smaller investment. I suppose in part, I lack some confidence/am aware of my ignorance as I don't have a business background (I am currently reading different books to help with whatever I am missing in that regard though).
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
