What's new

Hello from Belgium

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Cybom

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Dec 18, 2021
Messages
95
Rep Bank
$605
User Power: 208%
Hi everyone,

My name is Cyril and I'm from Belgium, still 29 but approaching 30 years old. I am working as an engineer in a company for a bit more than 6 years so not really escaped from the rat race yet!

I've started the process of re-thinking my "plans" during the first covid lock-down thanks to the additional free time. I've quickly come to the conclusion that I should start investing my money, I've always been a rather good money saver but for some reason have never taken the time to make it work until then. So I started to spare a part of my salary every month to invest it on stock shares and ETF's, I've also tried a bit to invest on cryptos but not so much considering the higher risks.

However after a few calculations with an Excel sheet, it is quite clear that these investments alone will not allow to reach any goal of freedom before a long long time! I'm not really in a hurry because conversely to most of the people here (I guess), I'm not yet fully fed up with my job, I still like the technical challenges etc even if the 5 for 2 ratio is sometimes/often difficult to accept. However I'm quite excited with the challenge to create something on my side and make it grow but I'm willing to give me time for a learning phase ... for now!

With this learning spirit, I set up a few targets for this year:

1) I'm finishing to learn how to code an app and the goal is to publish it still this year --> Learn how to develop an app/product, distribute it and have a first experience of interactions with users

2) I'm planning to create a course on a platform like Udemy. For now I'm thinking to create it about Excel, I know there are already many courses on the subject but I'd like to create it under a specific approach (for a beginer engineer in R&D for example :) ) --> Once again the revenue I could get from it is not as important as what I would learn in the process i.e. how to efficiently communicate/teach to people, the preparation of a course with good value added, improve my spoken communication skills ...

3) I would like to create a blog still this year as well. I have a few ideas in mind but currently still under reflexion --> The idea is to start something from scratch and learn to understand people needs and expectations to grow traffic and grow a small community of readers or potential customers

This might be really small steps compared to some ambitions or results I've read on other threads but these are really the first steps I need to make for a start as I have a lot to learn. Besides that I'm planning to buy an appartment for myself and a small house for renting with my savings (and of course a bit of bank debt too).

I've read a few books but TMF is really the one where I found the more value and also the one that keeps motivating me as I'm reading it again. So I'm happy to join this forum to interact with you all and read about all your inspiring stories.

Thanks for reading!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni Dzsom :tnomi2:
 
Jimmu emm,

Katv howoph e gix aqfevit, iwip vjuahj nz opvsufadvoup fof puv jewi nadj tadditt :F

1) O jewi edvaemmz gopotjif nz eqq epf jewi qacmotjif ov up vji qmez tvusi (gsii eqq vu veli puvit epf qodvasit xjomi wotovoph juatit / eqqesvnipvt). Vji pancis ug fuxpmueft ot tvomm mux epf O tvomm piif vu gohasi uav jux vu hiv nusi qiuqmi vu lpux ov. Qisjeqt O tjuamf vsz vu dupvedv qiuqmi xovj ZuaVaci djeppimt us cmuh ecuav siem itvevi opwitvnipv epf etl xjev vjiz vjopl ecuav vjot eqq ... Tvomm vjoploph ecuav ov.

2) O'wi djephif nz nopf epf fidofif vu vsz vu tvesv e ZuaVaci djeppim optvief ug e duasti, O vjopl O dep miesp nadj nusi gsun vjev. O xet puv tu optqosif epf katv fidofif vu hiv tvesvif xovj wofiut ecuav vji ati ug Huuhmi tjiivt epf dufoph ug tdsoqvt gus nedsut. O jewi upmz qacmotjif 2 wofiut tu ges epf xet iyqidvoph vu hiv ev mietv e duaqmi ug woixt cav 0 woix ot vji jesf siemovz sohjv pux :F

Tu vji qmep gus vjot djeppim xuamf ci:

1) Qacmotj tjusvis wofiut (nz gostv wofiu xet 30 nop muph epf vji tidupf upi 20 nop muph, puv tasi ov ot vji citv vu tvesv ...)
2) Qacmotj ev mietv upi tjusv wofiu (< 5nop) epf upi muphis wofiu iwisz xiil apvom vji cihoppoph ug piyv zies vu tii og O dep hiv nusi (tuni) vseggod xovj e cohhis pancis ug wofiut
3) Opwitvohevi foggisipv xezt vu hiv tuni vseggod
4) Onqsuwi raemovz ug wofiut epf xusl up vovmit / veht

Tu cetodemmz hivvoph tuni vseggod tiint vu ci nz xielpitt sohjv pux epf O jewi vu gudat e cov nusi up ov.

Vjeplt gus siefoph ni!
 
Jimmu emm,

Katv howoph e gix aqfevit, iwip vjuahj nz opvsufadvoup fof puv jewi nadj tadditt :F

1) O jewi edvaemmz gopotjif nz eqq epf jewi qacmotjif ov up vji qmez tvusi (gsii eqq vu veli puvit epf qodvasit xjomi wotovoph juatit / eqqesvnipvt). Vji pancis ug fuxpmueft ot tvomm mux epf O tvomm piif vu gohasi uav jux vu hiv nusi qiuqmi vu lpux ov. Qisjeqt O tjuamf vsz vu dupvedv qiuqmi xovj ZuaVaci djeppimt us cmuh ecuav siem itvevi opwitvnipv epf etl xjev vjiz vjopl ecuav vjot eqq ... Tvomm vjoploph ecuav ov.

2) O'wi djephif nz nopf epf fidofif vu vsz vu tvesv e ZuaVaci djeppim optvief ug e duasti, O vjopl O dep miesp nadj nusi gsun vjev. O xet puv tu optqosif epf katv fidofif vu hiv tvesvif xovj wofiut ecuav vji ati ug Huuhmi tjiivt epf dufoph ug tdsoqvt gus nedsut. O jewi upmz qacmotjif 2 wofiut tu ges epf xet iyqidvoph vu hiv ev mietv e duaqmi ug woixt cav 0 woix ot vji jesf siemovz sohjv pux :F

Tu vji qmep gus vjot djeppim xuamf ci:

1) Qacmotj tjusvis wofiut (nz gostv wofiu xet 30 nop muph epf vji tidupf upi 20 nop muph, puv tasi ov ot vji citv vu tvesv ...)
2) Qacmotj ev mietv upi tjusv wofiu (< 5nop) epf upi muphis wofiu iwisz xiil apvom vji cihoppoph ug piyv zies vu tii og O dep hiv nusi (tuni) vseggod xovj e cohhis pancis ug wofiut
3) Opwitvohevi foggisipv xezt vu hiv tuni vseggod
4) Onqsuwi raemovz ug wofiut epf xusl up vovmit / veht

Tu cetodemmz hivvoph tuni vseggod tiint vu ci nz xielpitt sohjv pux epf O jewi vu gudat e cov nusi up ov.

Vjeplt gus siefoph ni!
Jo Dzsoim! Jux ot vjopht huoph? Xjisi fu zua mowi op Cimhoan? O'n gsun Hjipv nztimg.
 
Jo Nohaim,

Tvomm xusloph raovi e muv up nz ZV djeppim :)
O'n edvaemmz raovi ges, dmuti vu Mayincuashotj cusfis cva miv't liiq op vuadj, vjisi nohjv ci tuni uqqusvapovz vu niiv updi.

Xotj zua muvt ug tadditt xovj zuas tvafou, O'mm gummux vji vuqod dmutimz up vji gusan :)
 
Jo Nohaim,

Tvomm xusloph raovi e muv up nz ZV djeppim :)
O'n edvaemmz raovi ges, dmuti vu Mayincuashotj cusfis cva miv't liiq op vuadj, vjisi nohjv ci tuni uqqusvapovz vu niiv updi.

Xotj zua muvt ug tadditt xovj zuas tvafou, O'mm gummux vji vuqod dmutimz up vji gusan :)
Vjeplt Dzsoim! Miv't liiq op vuadj opfiif. Jux ot zuas ZV djeppim huoph?
 
O tii tuni tnemm onqsuwinipv op vji woixt epf uvjis opfodevust cav tvomm e muph xez ejief :)
O jewip'v tvuqqif miespoph ziv vjuahj tu O veli ov et e huuf tohp xovj xez gus onqsuwinipv!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom