The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello From Aurora Co

Don't-Try-DO-It

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Nov 15, 2010
Hello everyone,

I joined the forum yesterday and is excited about being a part. I've been self employed now for about 12 years but I'm at the point now where i'm back at the starting line. (making money that is). I've tried many money making opportunities but most of them were just scams.

I joined because I'm ready for a real change and a real business. I really love the idea of creating software so I'd like to get started doing just that. However, I realize it's not that simple. I would like to learn how to get the right start in creating software that will make me a good profit.

I'm also here to take action and get some things done. So I would really appreciate all the help I can get. BUT, I'm also here to GIVE! I've learn quite a bit along the way and if I see a need to share any of it I will be more than happy to jump right in.

So thanks for giving me the opportunity for a new start!

I look forward to meeting many of you. :smxB:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
Welcome to the forums.

Someone is going to say this, so let's see if I beat them to it :p

"You need to focus on what value your software can bring to people. If you can fill a need for millions, you can make millions."

I know there's a lot more to it than that, but I've come to embrace that as a perfect foundation. Once you have that in mind, you can start considering all the other details, like revenue models and stuff.... Basically, look at what value you can give people rather than what sells for the highest profit per unit or whatever.

Don't-Try-DO-It

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Nov 15, 2010
Hi FDJustin,

that make sense. I was looking at the high ticket first but giving value first seem to be the perfect rout to take. So if I focus on giving value first, I wonder how do I eventually sell for a higher price. Focus on giving more value? This seems like the correct answer to me. Please correct me if I wrong. Thanks.

Alexishost

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 8, 2009
Nice to know you buddy.

looking forward to see more discussion.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
I'm afraid I haven't the experience to answer such questions. But there are some basic ideas I've picked up and thought games you can play.

Russ likes to say "Sell to the masses, live with the classes. Sell to the classes, live with the masses." You should take a moment to think of what makes that saying true.

So what if you come up with some very expensive software that you have to either give exclusively to one peron/organization, or just a small handful? The number of people you will (or can) sell it to will limit overall potential, right?

Ok. So if you scale it back to something that's still quite expensive, but more readily available... The flash programming software for example, you get a different result.

Then there are smaller scale applications and games that may or may not be able to reach a very large portion of the people out there. Would it be more competitive than a larger ticket item? More potential?

I'm sure there's been lots written up on this kind of subject. Hopefully someone with a better memory for topics and topic posters will chime in with something that can help you further.

While slightly off topic, you should probably check out the two links in this post.https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/fastlane-articles/28521-how-earn-1-000-000-next-year-part-1-a.html I prefer part 2 myself. It's almost related to what I've been saying. So very nearly.

Otherwise... Lots of good posts to read if you search around for them. Plenty of recommended reading from the vets.
A lot of people recommend the admin's book too, but I don't know... It's hard to trust that a gansta can really teach you how to produce wealth...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Welcome to the forums. Good to see some more Colorado folks here. I think there is half a dozen of us now. I live in north aurora. JayKim, I had no idea you were in the springs.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Welcome!

Have you created software before? Or will this be a fresh start for you? Any idea's on what you'll make\language you'll use?

Don't-Try-DO-It

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Nov 15, 2010
Welcome to the forums. Good to see some more Colorado folks here. I think there is half a dozen of us now. I live in north aurora. JayKim, I had no idea you were in the springs.

Hi Bilgefisher,

you're not too far. I'm over by the cherry creek reservoir area so you're kind of close. looks like another neighbor!
Thanks for the welcome!

Don't-Try-DO-It

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Nov 15, 2010
Welcome!

Have you created software before? Or will this be a fresh start for you? Any idea's on what you'll make\language you'll use?

Hi Icy,

thanks for the welcome! I've created a software in the past but nothing like real software. I haven't gotten into major programming lanquage so I'll be bringing on some software programmers (which I do have access to) It was just some things I enjoyed playing around with at the time. Since I enjoy using software so much and see that there is a market for it, well I thought It would be great to find some problems in the market and help solve them. So I guess you can say that I'm new to it actually. So it is like a fresh start.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

Yeah been here 24 yrs love it...I havent been to aurora in awhile. All the fun things to do are up there.

Hey JayKim,

That's great! I love the beautiful scenery going from Aurora to the Springs on 83. It's nice to meet a neighbor on the forum. Thanks for the welcome!

ill take that route on the way back sometimes good drive.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you for the intro, hope to see you around.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...