The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Fastlaners!

ShellShock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 14, 2018
Bucharest
Hello guys. First of all, let me start this intro by saying that i have never been more thrilled in my life to join an online community. I have been a lurker for a while and some of the content here blew my mind!

Now let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Vlad, and i am currently a student in Romania.
My foray into the entrepreneur life started when i was about 15 (or 16) and i watched for the first time Glengarry Glenn Ross. While the movie was focusing on salesmen, by the end of it i was asking myself " If those guys needed such sales volume for some relatively meager commision, how much where the big wigs getting?" And this is how entrepreneurship popped into my mind.
Let me humor you with a small anecdote from the SCRIPT: in the beginning of this college year, a teacher asked us how many of us wanted our own business. Que about 2 dozen hands. 4 months later, the same question. Just me and another colleague raised our hands, the other watching idly.

Wow. So much for dat freedom there! While this saddened me a little, it only encouraged my resolve. If those guys gave up before even beginning, even before trying to learn, then there is little i can do for them.

But never mind that. Here i am, looking to learn, looking to apply, teach others and eventually build a life that is worth living! Nice to meet you guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Que about 2 dozen hands. 4 months later, the same question. Just me and another colleague raised our hands, the other watching idly.

What changed?

ShellShock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 14, 2018
Bucharest
Honestly, i don't know. Maybe the "realization" that their dreams,hopes and aspirations are just that:dreams? Maybe the fear of failure? Maybe just a tiny bit of sidewalking slowly poisoning their minds? I can't pinpoint exactly. It is pretty disheartening though. On a related note, probably the most Fastlane thing i heard from a teacher (who also has a business, is an investor-if i understood corectly) was the fact that we have 2 choices: IT or entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship it is!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...