The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello fasteners!

A1988

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 30, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Hello all!

My name is Ali and I'm from Canada. I've been working as a medical lab technologist for about 6 years now. When I graduated in 2010, I knew that this job wouldn't be my final destination, it was always my fall back plan. Plan A was to ultimately become a physician. After graduating though, I realized that there was a low demand for my field of work, so i packed my bags and moved out west, to Alberta. I eventually landed a job as a lab tech at the military base (worked as a civilian though). To make things short, I moved around for about 4 years eventually coming back to Ontario. The dreams of becoming a physician diminshed after realizing how shit their job is in my opinion. Yea they make good money...but for the amount of b.s. they have to deal with...no thanks not for me. Also, after paying off 23,000 student loan within 2 years, I did not want to go into debt once again. It was a drag paying it off. I continue to work as tech but looking to find something that can replace my job. Hating the shift work grind. I've been reading books heavily for over a year now and I'm just about to finis MJ DeMarco' s the millionaire fast lane. Amazing book! One of the best books I have read.

Everytime I put down his book, I think to myself...what skills do I have that I can offer others value. Honestly, with my job, my skills are limited to a lab setting. I don't have too many other skills, especially anything programming or marketing related. I do want to start my own things, so I have been looking into FBA...taking my time with it as I do hope to build a brand and not just some lazy product that will generate some income.

I hope to network with others and be able to offer advice with anything I can. I also hope to learn from others as well.

As 2018 begins, what are your guys thoughts on what skills one should learn and pick up to be able to establish an online business? Any advice would be great.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I look forward to meeting great people!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EricFromCanada

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 19, 2017
Canada
Figure out a need or a want that people have, and then a way that you can solve it.
After that work on developing skills that you need in order to make it happen.

Wish you the best of luck in your entrepreneurial journey, and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
There are definitely options to do freelancing work to get started making websites, for instance. It's a way to get independence of a job and leveraging into a fastlane business.

Check Fox's threads out on this. His original one is here, but there's a newer one: GOLD - How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months
Tons of valuable information and he's started pushing videos of his methods. I've learned a ton even though I'm not necessarily going the Freelance route at this time.

A1988

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 30, 2017
Ontario, Canada
There are definitely options to do freelancing work to get started making websites, for instance. It's a way to get independence of a job and leveraging into a fastlane business.

Check Fox's threads out on this. His original one is here, but there's a newer one: GOLD - How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months
Tons of valuable information and he's started pushing videos of his methods. I've learned a ton even though I'm not necessarily going the Freelance route at this time.

Thanks @OMDA. I've looked into that thread. It contains a lot of gold nuggets however I'm not going that route at this moment in time. I appreciate your help though!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard Ali!

As 2018 begins, what are your guys thoughts on what skills one should learn and pick up to be able to establish an online business? Any advice would be great.

Just get started. Get your feet wet. Start taking swings. Even if you fail, you will learn how to just "plug and play" with the right product/service eventually.

Also pay attention to @G_Alexander and @biophase 's posts ... they are eCom guys who do quite well.

A1988

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 30, 2017
Ontario, Canada
H
Welcome aboard Ali!

Just get started. Get your feet wet. Start taking swings. Even if you fail, you will learn how to just "plug and play" with the right product/service eventually.

Also pay attention to @G_Alexander and @biophase 's posts ... they are eCom guys who do quite well.

Thanks, @MJ DeMarco for your encouraging words and your fantastic book. I will take a look at their threads.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...