The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello everyone!

Doriana Kalaj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 28, 2021
Hello everyone,

I’m Doriana and I’m 24 years old.
I graduated from a bachelor's degree in business management in October 2019. Not having a clear idea on what to do and needing to improve my English, I moved to Chicago as an AuPair for a gap year. I live with an American family and take care of their children.

The father and mother of the kids work in management jobs and live a wealthy life, or at least what I thought it was a wealthy life. At first I was fascinated and thought I wanted that. I then began to research the skills I needed to have in order to be more competitive in the corporate world after my AuPair year.
I thought I needed to experience more things and I studied finance, SAP, marketing etc. However, in everything I was doing I didn't see any real practice and didn't feel motivated.

I started to observe the parents better and realized that they were actually selling their time for money and that the wealth they have now they have built up over 20+ years. Subsequently, after reading the book there I identified them as "Slowlaners".

I've been experiencing a sort of mid-life crisis since I graduated from college. I identified it later. At first I didn't understand why I was feeling this sense of unease.

I didn't recognize myself in what the society asks but at the same time I didn't see any other options.

I started reading and watching videos to get inspiration from people who were living a truly wealthy life.
A month ago I came across the book "The Millionaire Fastlane ". My soul was inspired. The book gave me clarity of thoughts I was feeling and made me feel less lonely knowing that someone else felt the same way.

Because of C0VlD-19 I have decided to extend my stay in the US. Now in my days I am focused on applying the concerts I read in the book and of course reading much more.
I still don't have all the answers to the questions inside of me, but at the same time this book has given me direction.

(From Wikipedia Midlife crisis - Wikipedia

A midlife crisis is a transition of identity and self-confidence that can occur in middle-aged individuals, typically 21 to 65 years old.[1][2][3] The phenomenon is described as a psychological crisis brought about by events that highlight a person's growing age, inevitable mortality, and possibly lack of accomplishments in life. This may produce feelings of intense depression, remorse, and high levels of anxiety, or the desire to achieve youthfulness or make drastic changes to their current lifestyle or feel the wish to change past decisions and events.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Doriana great to have ya. You still in Chi-town?

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Yeees! Chicago is beautiful! but it’s really cold in the winter time

Im from Chicagoland and love my city so much but the winter is just to much and left after my 1st 23 years. My parents live on the Southside and take a trip back there as much as possible. Enjoy!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Makko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 13, 2021
South Korea
Welcome!

At least you graduated with a bachelor in Business management. Which is useful than 99% of degrees out there when it comes to the Fastlane lifestyle.

I bet Chicago is colder than Alaska, where I'm from.

Doriana Kalaj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 28, 2021
Welcome!

At least you graduated with a bachelor in Business management. Which is useful than 99% of degrees out there when it comes to the Fastlane lifestyle.

I bet Chicago is colder than Alaska, where I'm from
Welcome!

Alaska?? Woow! I’m from Italy Getting used to the cold weather here was a challenge. The most interesting thing was to see people in shorts with -4 F.
Welcome!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...