The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Everyone!

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Hello Everyone,

My introduction to entrepreneurship began when I read Millionaire Fastlane several years ago when I was in college. Since then I've dropped out, started a thriving business, and become a multi-millionaire... Just kidding. I did do the drop out of college part, but I have yet to make any substantial progress toward breaking out of the rat race. In fact, I am thoroughly entrenched in it.

I didn't drop out of college to start a business, but out of necessity. I guess my parents didn't want to pay for my partying lifestyle and 2.0 gpa, and I don't blame them. Since dropping out, I spent time as a line cook for two years and sold vitamins at a local vitamin shop -- while stubbornly keeping up the partying lifestyle in rebellion against my parents. During that time I also dabbled in copywriting, selling shitty used bikes on craigslist, and other nonsense endeavors that wasted time. I finally got it together in late 2017 and took a job in door-to-door sales for your favorite cable company. I worked that for two long years, and at 25, I still work in sales but at a higher level and in an industry I do enjoy.

But... my job sucks.

Not my actual day-to-day tasks, my customers, my coworkers, or my nice salary with commission. I spend my days driving for hours on end, eating fast food, and in moldy hotels far away from my soon-to-be wife. In fact, we really don't get to see each other, especially during covid as I work in an industry, Food and Beverage Sanitation, that has gotten hit hard. My hours are absolutely crazy, I even work most weekends, and my physical fitness has taken a severe nosedive. At 25, I already feel my youth slipping away. I could name a long laundry list of other problems, but I'll leave it at I'm having a full-on crisis. So, check for the F*ck This Event as I have been living it for a year. But enough complaining.

After the above events and reading MJ's newest book, which came at the perfect time in my life, I am determined to take control of my situation. Fortunately, the industry I am in is growing and replete with opportunities for innovation and entrepreneurship. Having worked in sales for four-plus years, and in that time paid off all my debt (yes I was a Dave Ramsey fanatic), I have no excuses and can get a business off the ground. Thankfully, and most importantly, I do have the support of my soon-to-be-wife who is going to have to suffer some more with me while we pour countless hours of our free time into building our escape vehicle from monotony. In separate posts, I will periodically check-in and give progress updates about my business idea(s), successes and failures, etc. My impetus to post is not to drag more time away from my work (okay maybe a little), but to give myself a sense of accountability, even if no one reads my posts.

Thank you MJ for your newest book, it is the best one yet.

I look forward to following along on everyone's journeys for inspiration as I travel on mine and wish everyone success!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.