The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Everyone from ATDTony

ATDTony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 27, 2021
I just finished The Fast Lane Millionaire and am excited to somehow fulfill my promise to my family of retiring by 45. Problem I have is that I am not sure how. You see, I got fired from my last job, not because I wasn’t a hard worker or because I wasn’t inefficient. I didn’t get fired because I made a mistake or pissed someone off, I didn’t loose company money, steal hours, have a bad attitude or anything that typically gets people fired. But even so, on one chilly Saturday October evening and by evening I mean around 9:30pm, while my pregnant wife and I were having our anniversary dinner, my boss’s wife called to tell me not to bother coming in to work on Monday, I was fired. My dinner tasted bitter, my wife’s tears rolled down her cheeks worried how we would pay rent and feed our three children. That night I promised myself and my family I would become so wealthy I would retire by age 45. Needless to say I never went to work for anyone again and I have been self employed ever since. I’ve struggled a lot over the years and even found myself temporarily homeless but was able to claw my way out of the hole I put myself in. I’ve tried all sorts of business ventures, with the hopes of hitting it big. I have seemed out mentors, but unfortunately the ones I’ve found were not the mentor I needed. I am still self employed and still looking for mentor. I am creeping up to my deadline of 45 and I don’t really know what to do. Sure I make an OK living for me and my family but not nearly enough to buy myself my dream car which also happens to be a Lambo, or worse yet not enough to retire rich at 45. I was excited to come across The Millionaire Fast lame and my dead dreams took some new light after going through it. Anyway I just wanted to share a little about me as a way of introducing myself. My name is Antonio Topete Díaz or ATDTony

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I just finished The Fast Lane Millionaire and am excited to somehow fulfill my promise to my family of retiring by 45. Problem I have is that I am not sure how. You see, I got fired from my last job, not because I wasn’t a hard worker or because I wasn’t inefficient. I didn’t get fired because I made a mistake or pissed someone off, I didn’t loose company money, steal hours, have a bad attitude or anything that typically gets people fired. But even so, on one chilly Saturday October evening and by evening I mean around 9:30pm, while my pregnant wife and I were having our anniversary dinner, my boss’s wife called to tell me not to bother coming in to work on Monday, I was fired. My dinner tasted bitter, my wife’s tears rolled down her cheeks worried how we would pay rent and feed our three children. That night I promised myself and my family I would become so wealthy I would retire by age 45. Needless to say I never went to work for anyone again and I have been self employed ever since. I’ve struggled a lot over the years and even found myself temporarily homeless but was able to claw my way out of the hole I put myself in. I’ve tried all sorts of business ventures, with the hopes of hitting it big. I have seemed out mentors, but unfortunately the ones I’ve found were not the mentor I needed. I am still self employed and still looking for mentor. I am creeping up to my deadline of 45 and I don’t really know what to do. Sure I make an OK living for me and my family but not nearly enough to buy myself my dream car which also happens to be a Lambo, or worse yet not enough to retire rich at 45. I was excited to come across The Millionaire Fast lame and my dead dreams took some new light after going through it. Anyway I just wanted to share a little about me as a way of introducing myself. My name is Antonio Topete Díaz or ATDTony
Welcome!

Thanks for sharing your tale. Hope you can find some answers and ideas from this forum.
What business are you currently in?

ATDTony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 27, 2021
Welcome!

Thanks for sharing your tale. Hope you can find some answers and ideas from this forum.
What business are you currently in?
Thank you. I am a tile contractor in the Central Valley California, I install tile floors, engineered wood floors and bathroom remodels, and I recently got my Real Estate License which I am committed in becoming a top ranked agent. Just gotta figure out how to make the transition.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Is there a way to scale the flooring work? Obviously you can hire people to do the labor and then you drum up business.... seems like a more clear cut path than switching lanes to real estate.

If it were me, I'd find a way to scale the flooring work and get my RE license to start doing my own deals for flips / rental properties.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ATDTony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 27, 2021
Is there a way to scale the flooring work? Obviously you can hire people to do the labor and then you drum up business.... seems like a more clear cut path than switching lanes to real estate.

If it were me, I'd find a way to scale the flooring work and get my RE license to start doing my own deals for flips / rental properties.
Short answer is yes. I’ve tried scaling in the past by hiring more people and hiring a manager for to the point I had a crew of 8 guys. Unfortunately, payroll started getting more and more expensive while production started diminishing two months after I stepped away from managing. Then costly mistakes of employees, and a couple guys quitting unexpectedly. In the end I let everyone go except one key guy. And I discovered that if I can make more money selling real estate and hiring other licensed agents than installing floors.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...