The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Buck a Neers !

Jople

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 17, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I happened upon this site searching for business forums, and somehow linked to it, very

interesting!

I'm semi-retired, and have put in a lot of time as a free lance design artist,

I've been an environmental enthusiast and spent more time than I want to remember,

figuring new concepts for such things as water and air purification technologies,

and wildfire control systems.

Don't ask about how profitable it is, I have some great stories, I think you'll like, . .

one of them involves oils spills but I want to post it in the, "Failure, Mistakes,

and Goofs", forum, but don't have enough points yet.

My present project is developing a concept in, Helicopter SAR Equipment technologies.

I'm here for inspiration, so far so good.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jople

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 17, 2010
The story really needs to have an image post and worse yet that will need 10 posts,

so WOW Man, . . I'm sorry,

any way it won't change the oil spill at it's present stage and I did post the latest tech to EPA. What can I tell you, . . your just going to have to wait !

Jople

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 17, 2010
That did not work it was an animation, I'll post the single most important pic.

Jople

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 17, 2010
Recently I had the Opportunity to make a submission to the EPA concerning the Oil Spill and a possible solution.
It is, for all intended purposes, would concern a technology R&D, . . the same one that I made twenty-one years ago, a net having small sizes net loops, (screening), and capable over sized booms.
I received enthusiasm and coverage from the local news paper.

I intended to send it to the EPA but at the time of the Valdez Spill the Government elected for oil-spill technology to go to the Marine
Spill Response Corporation, (MSRC), instead of going to the Office of Environmental Protection.

The concept was a net that was small enough in net loop size, (screening), that it would hold the partiality
buoyant crude. The flotation booms were designed to be much over sized and would protect the contents from leaving the
seine during rough seas. It would have been deployed using it in such a way that in would open and engulf or surround large
amounts of oil, then holding it in one place, acting as a pumping station.

The MSRC rejected the idea, and when I asked why, they told me that they did not have to answer that.

Since, my plans at the time included the seine design, . . it would have nicely fit the bill, for deploying it after the pipe break in the gulf.

Thank You Uncle Sam for the great opportunity to have a career as a design artist who worked in environmental technologies.

At this late date, if this system were to be used, all that can be done is to make shift a fishing seine, this could be done by over laying the net with a finer mesh.

Jople

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 17, 2010
I realize that we could be talking pro's and con's all day and all night,
and dreaming up all kinds of ideas, . . but I guess this is not the time and place, although there is going to be big money in this sort of technology. I not saying that this is the absolute answer, but the original concept was made to hold a lot oil that spilled from a tanker.

What ever you do it is going to have to be Big, and Fast as part of technologies systems, for the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest3722A

Jople- I think it's an awesome idea. Have you researched the Kevin Costner technology for cleaning oil spills? I myself have zero experience in this, as I'm good for that on this board ;), but from my unknowing standpoint, I think your idea is an exceptional one and MORE POWER TO YA!!

rep+!

Jople

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 17, 2010
Thanks for your compliment, . .I will say that, it's a product and system, that is useful especially when delivered to the spill sight early, that means a hefty cargo etc. prepared for the long haul.

The Kevin Cosner process is something I am not totally sure of but I do know that before you can process oil, from water you have to gather it up, that is the main objective of preventing the spill from continuing to damage and or threatened the immediate environment.

I am exploring the avenues of introducing the concept I have shown here to appropriate "technology to commercialization",offices, however in the past I have noticed that there is little room or opportunity for individual freelancers, as usually support is applied to groups companies and universities.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...