What's new

Hello! 21 year old new to Fastlane

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Rcaraway1989

Rob C
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
138
Location
Austin, TX
Rep Bank
$1,715
User Power: 470%
I read Mike's , the 20 year old, so I thought I would make a post of my own. My background: 21 years old, interested in advancing through the Fastlane with web development and smart investments.

Grew up playing video games, and I am damn good at them. I feel if i spend hours of my life perfecting my halo skills, why not transfer that unrelenting dedication to making millions? I can play video games after I attain wealth.

I actually heard about this site and the book through listening to MJ's interview with Jaime Tardy (which was awesome). It was my first wakeup call; maybe this whole wealth thing is less "luck" based than the world has been telling me.

What I am passionate about: My dad was an alcoholic and had a difficult time being a family man; he was a lawyer, making plenty but also working plenty. Now I see that the hours he worked really took a toll on him. Anyway we eventually went bankrupt (switching from middle upper class to lower class overnight), and my parents divorced. So i guess my passion is strongly rooted in making enough money to provide my parents, my mother especially, the retirement I feel she deserves. It actually makes me tear up just thinking about buying her a nice house. I also have a girlfriend that has awakened something in me- I really want to be able to support her and a family while dedicated all my time to them and NOT a job.

So anyway, I have always been the observant type and i have analyzed my surrounding and come up with some website ideas. I am in college, and have picked up on something prevalent through most of the kids- they want to pass class with the minimum effort required. There are already websites that give essays, give notes for your teachers classes, and rate teachers, but most of these require a sign up fee or contribution to view; i feel like this market hasn't reached its potential, I want to create a website that just makes it free, easy, and still profitable. Maybe i could create Studentwiki type of thing where students can add information themselves. This way I could literally include every university down to its smallest classes.

I also have 2.7k$ saved up. I was wondering any advice anyone can give me to make some money from this, or at least recommend some books that could help.

Please, feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you guys.

-Rob
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Vjeplt gus vji opvsu Suc! O'wi ugvip vjuahjv vjev qsugodoipv wofiu henist duamf ci qsugodoipv ev neloph $$ ... ettanoph vjiz tviq exez gsun vji duptumi!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom