The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Headhunting my way to riches

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Blackonda85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Feb 28, 2019
Pune
Hello,

This is day 2

For day 1,
This is my introduction link. INTRO - 27 year old man from Pune, MH, India You may refer for details of how I started into headhunting and my plans.

Today:

Connected with my first and only client and took the details of next week's schedule.

Found second prospect who can likely be my second client.

Tomorrow:
Making process chart for the web application I am planning to launch in next 3 months to solve the problems in my niche.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Blackonda85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Feb 28, 2019
Pune
Hello,

This is day 2

For day 1,
This is my introduction link. INTRO - 27 year old man from Pune, MH, India You may refer for details of how I started into headhunting and my plans.

Today:

Connected with my first and only client and took the details of next week's schedule.

Found second prospect who can likely be my second client.

Tomorrow:
Making process chart for the web application I am planning to launch in next 3 months to solve the problems in my niche.

Day 3

Positives of the day:

Found a second client. Will be starting work from tomorrow onwards as I have received this clients exact requirement.

Found New Way of Headhunting Found and successfully tested new way of headhunting . Will be posting soon as I get better with innovative ways of headhunting. These things can lower my time of searching an ideal candidate.My online presence needs to look like a bigger company as MJ quotes "Look Big Act Small".

Got contact number of a big headhunter who is into overseas headhunting. He is looking for a partner. I can work on assignment to assignment with him. Apart from my clients, I can headhunt for this person's clients. Not sure how beneficial these kind of partnerships are. So time to work with this person on a single assignment to know the prospects. Expecting to get insights from him on overseas headhunting.

Negatives of the Day:

Pending Interviews: Some interviews are pending and pressures are mounting up to finish them. Not getting the kind of response from client I want . Client is delaying the process. I will be putting pressure on client to finish things quickly by this Tuesday. By end of this week I want this candidate to get selected.

Did not work on Web App Design: As I am working closely with different levels of market, I am coming face to face with the problems and solutions in headhunting space. But delaying the web app design can cost me.

Hence breaking down my Improvement goals for Web App Design. Deadlines are set in the calendars.

1. Find out a basic premise of the web application. (Deadline- March 5th , 2019 )

Basic problem I am going to solve for all the users groups of my web application. In short cutting the crap and getting to the core of process. Like Gary Keller quotes in his book "The One Thing"

2. Finding out the cheapest/economical way to build the web application for public use (Deadline- March 5th , 2019 )
-

Tomorrow I will be dedicating 3 hours to the web application thing. Right now I am in the mindset that at one moment, this Web Application Planing thing looks like a complete waste of time and on another moment, it seems that Web Application is a must. Tomorrow's 3 hours will be dedicated to getting out of this dilemma.

Blackonda85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Feb 28, 2019
Pune
Day 4

Hello,

Today was a roller coaster ride. Experienced the worst feeling a headhunter can have. I realized that I am unable to search the internet with efficiency. But thanks to the evening that I found out an open source database which is going to help me a lot.

Also a thought came in mind: You can not build a fastlane business unless you have revenue coming in. It does not matter if you flip houses , build websites or execute SEO. It all boils down one thing "Money". Money can buy you time to figure things out and build big business systems.

Till yesterday, I was thinking about building the web application and build a PaaS business. But today, things changed for me. I am going to go 80/20. 80% of time fine-tuning my headhunting skills and 20 % time figuring out the PaaS equation .

At this early stage where I am barely making any revenue , I am going to focus on the headhunting activities. As of now I am pretty sure that this 80/20 thing can work out really well.

Positives:

1. Made a complete list of problems and solutions of the headhunting ecosystem.Each group has some problems. My only objective with the PaaS plan is to quantify everything.
Listed problems in following format.
upload_2019-3-4_0-9-3.png

This document can be an important stepping stone for my web app design.

2. Studies Google Power Search by Stephen Spencer. Any knowledge which is not tried and tested is a pseudo knowledge. Till now I was thinking that I am good at Google Power Search but no it is not the case. Today I tested different aspects mentioned in the book. And I am committing today to continue this study and excel in it.

Negatives:

1. Worked on my clients requirement but achieved nothing and got demoralized as well.

2. Web application process chart is yet to be prepared. But yes it is under 80/20 plan

Conclusions:

Knowing the gigs and tricks to make money are important as money can buy time to research and build a fastlane.

Remember MJ had web development skills prior to succeeding in his fastlane journey.

Your only backup plan is your skill which can help you to be self-employed.

Self-employment is the first step towards fastlane stories.

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
Keep it up. Love seeing the execution.

You can not build a fastlane business unless you have revenue coming in. It does not matter if you flip houses , build websites or execute SEO. It all boils down one thing "Money". Money can buy you time to figure things out and build big business systems.

"Cash is oxygen" as Gary Vaynerchuk says.

Blackonda85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Feb 28, 2019
Pune
What's the open source database?

Go to any website. It always has a database which is accessible to public. It is called as open source database. You can say that facebook is also an open source database. Big problem lies in processing the data to find out gold.

Dennis Kaiyer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Mar 3, 2019
Not sure if this is helpful but I figured no harm in sharing just in case it is. I once posted about a job on linkedin for a web developer over a week I got close to 500 replies following a specific format:

• Name
  • Skills
  • Link to portfolio
  • Hourly rate
  • Email
  • Comments

I contacted 50% of the people that applied and told them that the job was filled but said if they didn't want me to let them know about similar positions in the future just reply "No thanks" (I got 3 emails only).

The other 50% I asked to complete a survey to apply for the job. In the survey were questions like "what's your average project pay?" (2000 USD was the average)
"out of 10 job leads how many do you honestly get?" ( 4 was the average)
"how many leads do you process a week" (can't recall the number, I think it was around 40 on average)

*Keep in mind this isn't an accurate industry average it was their claimed average that I was going to use their own words to sell an idea. Based on my experience in the industry and knowledge of similar level businesses I think that people actually replied rather honestly.

I then resent the survey to those that didn't answer, in the end, I followed up with those that replied (about 50-60 if I recall correctly) and told them that in a typical week they're winning about 16 leads, but losing out on 100% of the remaining wasted 24 leads. They just get left on the table. And those are worth about $48,000 USD based on their average per project pay ($2000 USD).

I told them that if they simply forward an email to me with a recommendation to work with me to the interested client that I'll pay them for any winning work. When they contact me they tell me about any lead objections that caused them to lose the deal in their opinion or I can review the back and forth in the email. This lets you work around all the reasons someone wont buy based on what they've already objected to. Minimizing the obstacles getting to a yes.

I then pass on the work to the other 50% that pays me for the lead 20-30% and give 5-10% to the original lead provider (which they usually budgeted into their offer anyway). You keep the rest as the middle man putting it together. The details are all flexible for your own situation.

• The lead provider gets to make more money off a cold lead.
  • The worker gets more work and therefore earns more.
  • You get warm leads and profit.
  • The client gets more talent to pick from and their project is completed.

It worked for a while but as you could imagine it was a lot to juggle. Lots of people management and if you advanced it more you'd have contracts and refunds to deal with sometimes. It's a bit of a nightmare, but for someone interested it's doable. I believe that someone that's good with systems could automate this rather well but I had my own agencies and businesses to run at the time.

Once things start showing results to both sides of the market you could work out referral programs, banner ads on their website and stuff like that. Eventually, you can also offer the same thing to the reverse 50%. Especially those that didn't reply first time around as they're likely more interested in the opposite of what you originally offered them.

It works if you sell it right and don't show people too much behind the curtain.

Feel free to steal this and if you have any questions PM me. I'm happy to discuss the details more. Hopefully, I still have some forms or snippets of things I sent out as this was about a year and a half ago now.

All the best! I'm enjoying following along!

Last edited:

Dennis Kaiyer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Mar 3, 2019
Also if you're exposed to $48,000 USD potential each week and only 30% convert ( low estimate for warm leads) and you get a 5% comish on that then you're making $720 USD being a middle man. More if you get your percentages up. Also, you could follow your own system and "sell on the remaining 70% of the leads that didn't go through. Anyway, use it - don't use it. Try it - don't try it. All good either way, just wanted to share. I'm enjoying following your progress and hope to see you grow your dreams!

Blackonda85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Feb 28, 2019
Pune
Not sure if this is helpful but I figured no harm in sharing just in case it is. I once posted about a job on linkedin for a web developer over a week I got close to 500 replies following a specific format:

• Name
  • Skills
  • Link to portfolio
  • Hourly rate
  • Email
  • Comments

I contacted 50% of the people that applied and told them that the job was filled but said if they didn't want me to let them know about similar positions in the future just reply "No thanks" (I got 3 emails only).

The other 50% I asked to complete a survey to apply for the job. In the survey were questions like "what's your average project pay?" (2000 USD was the average)
"out of 10 job leads how many do you honestly get?" ( 4 was the average)
"how many leads do you process a week" (can't recall the number, I think it was around 40 on average)

*Keep in mind this isn't an accurate industry average it was their claimed average that I was going to use their own words to sell an idea. Based on my experience in the industry and knowledge of similar level businesses I think that people actually replied rather honestly.

I then resent the survey to those that didn't answer, in the end, I followed up with those that replied (about 50-60 if I recall correctly) and told them that in a typical week they're winning about 16 leads, but losing out on 100% of the remaining wasted 24 leads. They just get left on the table. And those are worth about $48,000 USD based on their average per project pay ($2000 USD).

I told them that if they simply forward an email to me with a recommendation to work with me to the interested client that I'll pay them for any winning work. When they contact me they tell me about any lead objections that caused them to lose the deal in their opinion or I can review the back and forth in the email. This lets you work around all the reasons someone wont buy based on what they've already objected to. Minimizing the obstacles getting to a yes.

I then pass on the work to the other 50% that pays me for the lead 20-30% and give 5-10% to the original lead provider (which they usually budgeted into their offer anyway). You keep the rest as the middle man putting it together. The details are all flexible for your own situation.

• The lead provider gets to make more money off a cold lead.
  • The worker gets more work and therefore earns more.
  • You get warm leads and profit.
  • The client gets more talent to pick from and their project is completed.

It worked for a while but as you could imagine it was a lot to juggle. Lots of people management and if you advanced it more you'd have contracts and refunds to deal with sometimes. It's a bit of a nightmare, but for someone interested it's doable. I believe that someone that's good with systems could automate this rather well but I had my own agencies and businesses to run at the time.

Once things start showing results to both sides of the market you could work out referral programs, banner ads on their website and stuff like that. Eventually, you can also offer the same thing to the reverse 50%. Especially those that didn't reply first time around as they're likely more interested in the opposite of what you originally offered them.

It works if you sell it right and don't show people too much behind the curtain.

Feel free to steal this and if you have any questions PM me. I'm happy to discuss the details more. Hopefully, I still have some forms or snippets of things I sent out as this was about a year and a half ago now.

All the best! I'm enjoying following along!

@Dennis Kaiyer

Thanks Sir for sharing your strategy!! Will be improvising for sure ;)

Will keep you posted. This can generate exponential results if done properly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.