The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Have high quality leads but don't know what to do with them.. Any ideas?

Idea threads

daniel_m

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 26, 2019
About a year ago I set out to build a "fake business" online to capture leads in the home construction, renovation, and remodeling industry with the idea of later finding out how to partner with a real business who can take on the work and pay me for the referrals. And for the better part of the last month or so, I've been collecting some great leads. People are calling and emailing my fake business and some of them even claim to have budgets greater than $100,000. This is also a city where the housing industry is pretty crazy (think, San Francisco)

The problem? I'm not making any money and all these leads are going to waste. I've emailed a few dozen businesses about working together, and they pretty much all ghosted me. I've met an acquaintance contractor in person to discuss it, but he's not serious and doesn't answer emails or pick up the phone from these leads! I couldn't believe it - it's like people don't want to get rich anymore.

Anybody have any ideas on how I can go about finding someone to work with? Are there any sites where I can post my plans for other contractors in the area to see? Cold calling isn't my forte and emailing doesn't work at all. People probably figure its a scam of some sort.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest24480

About a year ago I set out to build a "fake business" online to capture leads in the home construction, renovation, and remodeling industry with the idea of later finding out how to partner with a real business who can take on the work and pay me for the referrals. And for the better part of the last month or so, I've been collecting some great leads. People are calling and emailing my fake business and some of them even claim to have budgets greater than $100,000. This is also a city where the housing industry is pretty crazy (think, San Francisco)

The problem? I'm not making any money and all these leads are going to waste. I've emailed a few dozen businesses about working together, and they pretty much all ghosted me. I've met an acquaintance contractor in person to discuss it, but he's not serious and doesn't answer emails or pick up the phone from these leads! I couldn't believe it - it's like people don't want to get rich anymore.

Anybody have any ideas on how I can go about finding someone to work with? Are there any sites where I can post my plans for other contractors in the area to see? Cold calling isn't my forte and emailing doesn't work at all. People probably figure its a scam of some sort.
I have some insight into the construction industry and lead gen, specifically with respect to general contractors. My family owns a contracting business.

In my experience they are in high demand and almost never have a shortage of work. Try calling up a contractor with good reviews and be prepared to wait a long time before they're available to work on your project.

Also, why are you emailing contractors? They are in the field all day, and drinking beer / watching sports by night, not checking email. Pick up the phone! They are usually old school, blue collar guys and will only communicate via phone. Bonus: you can build better trust/rapport that way.

Remember, you are a stranger. They get hundreds of emails from SEO's and online marketing "experts" trying to sell them digital services all the time. You're just another needle in the haystack if you're emailing them unsolicited.

I'm not saying you can't make this work, but I don't think you're pushing hard enough or being creative enough with your outreach strategies. What value could you provide them up front at no risk to them? Sell them on that.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I specialize in marketing for local construction companies, mainly remodeling companies. I have clients all over the US and an audience that covers every major metro area. I'm sure I can help you find someone to dump these leads on.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
I have some insight into the construction industry and lead gen, specifically with respect to general contractors. My family owns a contracting business.

In my experience they are in high demand and almost never have a shortage of work. Try calling up a contractor with good reviews and be prepared to wait a long time before they're available to work on your project.

Also, why are you emailing contractors? They are in the field all day, and drinking beer / watching sports by night, not checking email. Pick up the phone! They are usually old school, blue collar guys and will only communicate via phone. Bonus: you can build better trust/rapport that way.

Remember, you are a stranger. They get hundreds of emails from SEO's and online marketing "experts" trying to sell them digital services all the time. You're just another needle in the haystack if you're emailing them unsolicited.

I'm not saying you can't make this work, but I don't think you're pushing hard enough or being creative enough with your outreach strategies. What value could you provide them up front at no risk to them? Sell them on that.

Absolutely spot on and in the UK it’s also difficult to find someone reliable.

Dmorr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Dec 31, 2017
North Texas
Look on something like Home Advisor or Thumbtack. Pick a contractor that seems reputable. Send them a few of the freshest leads. Follow up afterwards to see if it was beneficial to them. If it was see if they want to develop a relationship to send more.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Read Andy Black's threads. There a examples of how its done in most straightforward way.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
"Hi. Do you do remodeling?"

"yup"

"Okay cool. Its a house on 69th St E in Cityville. Do you service that area?"

"yup"

"Okay. It's a friend's place. His name is Jerry. Could I get a referral fee if I connect you guys and he pays for the project? I have a lot of people that I know that remodel their houses".

That's what I would do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.