The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Have an idea for a mobile app, but not certain if the market is there.

Idea threads

Claude Roy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Apr 11, 2017
St. Petersburg, FL
Hey Guys,

I wanted your opinion on this because I've been hustling to find an idea of a project to start and I think I finally found out. I had fun yesterday making an app that would list every tweet that says: "Is there an app for" so I could get ideas and what people are searching for and I've seen the same thing come back a lot of times. It's actually something that I'm interested in as well so I would be proud to make that app. I'm a software developer so making the app wouldn't be too much of a problem but I'm not sure about the market research. I've checked on the Google Keyword Planner tool and there's between 10k and 100k monthly research for that. There's a couple of competition app, but I'm confident that I can do a better job than them. I don't see how I could monetize it other than ads, but there actually is probably a way, I just need to think and plan it out. How do you guys make sure that your idea is valid? Since it's a big commitment, I just want to be 90% sure at least that it's gonna be profitable, because it's a big time investment. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thank you so much for your time,

Claude

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Bugs Bunny

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Aug 18, 2017
Sunnyvale CA
Learn about Outcome Driven Innovation process. Buy these two books:

1. What Customers Want: Using Outcome-Driven Innovation to Create Breakthrough Products and Services.
2. Jobs to be Done: Theory to Practice

Read it. Take notes. Watch all his videos on his youtube channel. Apply it and you will profit from it. I got tired of wasting time, money and effort in ideas that I had no idea will succeed in the marketplace. This is a major breakthrough for me this year.

I heard about Jobs to Be Done theory from Clayton Christensen about 10 years ago. I don't know if you have heard about his milkshake story. You can watch his presentations also from youtube.

Figol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 11, 2018
Poland
Hi Claude,

As I don't know what the idea actually is some of my suggestion may not make sense.

Try to reach out to potential users of your app. With small effort you should be able to create app presentation. Graphics of main screens of app could be enough.

If you are not able to explain purpose of app under 1 minute to someone, then it's sign that idea may not be valid.

Make sure your app solves real problem people have.

Consider reusing code of existing app. Not always possible, but it could save you a lot of time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.