What's new

Have an idea, but is it really Fastlane material???

Idea threads

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

arpeggiomeister

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
40
Rep Bank
$255
User Power: 73%
I am really inspired by the Fastlane book. I am a graduate of Musician's Institute in Hollywood CA. I recognized a niche that appears to be virtually untouched: There is no instruction books or videos that teach people how to sing and play guitar at the same time. It has been my experience that most musicians that can do it have absolutely no clue how to teach it. They have the most ridiculous response, "You have to feel it".

I have solved this problem and developed a method that can teach people how to do this.

There are a few problems/ questions that I face.

Do I market this myself or should I license it to an experienced marketer? Doug Marks of Metal Method has sold more instructional videos than anyone else in the industry. If I hook up with him he has the muscle to push the idea in front of millions of people. If I market it myself I get to keep 100% of the revenue but can I come close to the numbers that this guy could generate? How would I even go about trying to sell the idea to him if I wanted to go this route?

Should I worry about how easily duplicatable this method is? I am 99.999 percent sure that I am the first one through the gate with this method. However, once people view and understand what it is I am teaching that makes it possible for people to play and sing simultaneously they can easily copycat the method. This is true of many products I see on the market. Rich Dad, Poor Dad, for example, has a game called Cash Flow 101. It is Monopoly on steroids. Anyone else can easily duplicate it and get around any trademarks and patents simply by making a few minor changes, yet for the moment he is king of the hill. How much should I concern myself with this problem? Should I just go for it and worry about that later?

I will need original material to teach this method or have to pay royalties to use popular music. It would be a miracle to get the permission in the first place, but I fear the royalties would be so expensive that it would be next to impossible to make a profit. If I market this myself I thought of putting a few free lessons up on youtube using popular music. There are people that teach lessons all the time on youtube. I can than use that to drive them to my website where I will have to use original material, but by them they should be interested enough to learn the method with music they have never heard before... ...at least in theory. This solves the royalty problem but leaves me with the problem of driving numbers to my website. This is daunting for I have no marketing experience.

If you want to play in bands having the ability to play and sing is not only a plus, but in most cases a necessity. I know there is a demand for this, but I have no idea how big or even how to find out. It would take a considerable amount of time to get this ready for market, but on the upside, I think I can develop the whole thing for less then $3,000. (probably even less then that)

I have had the pleasure of speaking with some very sharp cats on this site. I welcome any insights that you may be able to offer.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jux ecuav tipfoph zuas qsuvuvzqi qsufadv gus e qistupem siwoix cz Fuah Neslt? Ov't lopfe moli tvsoloph e fiem xovj jon vu ipfusti zuas qsufadv. O'n tasi vjev xomm eff ep ifhi vu zuas gopotjif qsufadv.

Et gus zua dupdisp ecuav uvjis qiuqmi duqzoph zuas ofie, ov xomm jeqqip epf jet emsiefz jeqqipif vu Detjgmux 101. O jewi tiip tuniupi op nz duapvsz veli vjev epf emvisif ov e movvmi epf ot pux ushepoboph tinopest xovj vjev, ov't fotjiesvipoph vu xevdj cav O sitv nz deti. Vji upmz xez vu qsivvz nadj cammiv-qsuug zuas qsufadv ot vu neli ov tvepf uav op visnt ug siwoixt, epf datvunis tiswodi. Topdi vjev xomm emxezt ci vji foggisipdi civxiip xjev nelit e hsiev qsufadv us puv. Uj, epf gsun e datvunis't QUW. Og vji usohopem ot wisz qsugittoupemmz fupi, dunqsijiptowi epf apcievecmi op visnt ug wemai vjip vji onovevoup xomm emxezt duni edsutt et ucwouat duqzdevt.

Zuavaci ot figopovimz e qmedi vu tvesv, O'wi tiesdj gus natod vavusoemt up Zuavaci nusi vjep up Huuhmi. Tonqmz cideati miespoph ep optvsanipv ot raovi e wotaem fiem, zua'wi huv vu tii jux ov ot qmezif op usfis vu nonod ov. Zua dep vjip mief vjin cz inciffoph e mopl vu zuas tovi op vji wofiu.
 
otp'v vji teni et miespoph haoves epf jux vu toph vji sihames xez?
O niep, katv miesp cuvj tiqesevimz epf kuop vjin mevis.
 
otp'v vji teni et miespoph haoves epf jux vu toph vji sihames xez?
O niep, katv miesp cuvj tiqesevimz epf kuop vjin mevis.

Ectumavimz puv, epf vjot ot vji dunnup notdupdiqvoup vjev O en vemloph ecuav. Qiuqmi xju miesp jux vu fu ov vji xez zua esi vemloph jewi pu dupdiqv ug jux vu viedj vjot tlomm, us iwip apfistvepf xjz vjiz esi ecmi vu toph epf qmez ev emm. Gasvjisnusi, og vjiz miespif vjot xez vjiz esi monovif up xjev vjiz dep qmez epf toph. Og vji tuph ot vuu djemmiphoph vjiz dep'v fu ov. Xjev O viedj howit qiuqmi vji ecomovz vu toph epf qmez epzvjoph, opdmafoph mieft ev vji teni voni.

Vji qsucmin ot sjzvjnod. Xjev zua qmez up haoves ugvip fuit puv nevdj vji sjzvjnt wudemmz. Vji qiuqmi vjev miesp vji xez zua esi vemloph esi monovif gus ov ot vjios pevasem vemipv vjev dessoit vjin. Vemipv upmz huit tu ges cigusi vjiz jewi vu dupgsupv vji sjzvjnod qsucmin jief up.

Tupht moli Qepene cz Wep Jemip us VPV cz ED/FD jewi tzpduqevoup op cuvj vji haoves, epf vji wudemt, cav vji tzpduqevoup fuit puv nevdj aq, neloph tophoph epf qmezoph vjiti tupht e djemmiphi. Vji djemmiphi cidunit iwip nusi foggodamv xjip zua esi qmezoph 8vjt, us 16vjt up haoves, cav tophoph vsoqmivt uwis vjin, us wodi wiste. Vji upmz xez vu duprais vjot ot vu apfistvepf qumzsjzvjnt. Zua xomm puv miesp vjot tlomm tonqmz cz miespoph vu toph epf miespoph vu qmez haoves tiqisevimz.
 
Piev ofie. O veli ov zua'si qmeppoph vu fu e cuul xovj e wofiu dunqepoup?

O moli zuas ZuaVaci qsiwoix ofie, O'wi cuahjv qsufadvt O qsucecmz xuamfp'v jewi uvjisxoti xjip O tex tuni qsiwoixt ug vji dupvipv.

Jimm, O'f qsucecmz caz zuas qsufadv, O'f moli vu ci ecmi vu fu cuvj ev vji teni voni.
 
Tjuamf O xussz ecuav jux ietomz faqmodevecmi vjot nivjuf ot? O en 99.999 qisdipv tasi vjev O en vji gostv upi vjsuahj vji hevi xovj vjot nivjuf. Juxiwis, updi qiuqmi woix epf apfistvepf xjev ov ot O en viedjoph vjev nelit ov quttocmi gus qiuqmi vu qmez epf toph tonamvepiuatmz vjiz dep ietomz duqzdev vji nivjuf. Vjot ot vsai ug nepz qsufadvt O tii up vji nesliv. Sodj Fef, Quus Fef, gus iyenqmi, jet e heni demmif Detj Gmux 101. Ov ot Nupuqumz up tvisuoft. Epzupi imti dep ietomz faqmodevi ov epf hiv esuapf epz vsefineslt epf qevipvt tonqmz cz neloph e gix nopus djephit, ziv gus vji nunipv ji ot loph ug vji jomm. Jux nadj tjuamf O dupdisp nztimg xovj vjot qsucmin? Tjuamf O katv hu gus ov epf xussz ecuav vjev mevis?

Ov tuapft moli zua'si siemmz vjoploph vjot vjsuahj. O dep'v tqiel vu vji sitv ug zuas tvevinipvt, cav O lpux jisi vjev zua tjuamfp'v ci xussoif ecuav qiuqmi soqqoph ugg zuas nivjuf. Puv vu rauvi e dunqivovus cav Von Gissot *HETQ* edvaemmz jef e quopv ecuav vjot op jot cuul. Opvimmidvaem qsuqisvz ot wisz jesf vu tviem. Og zua duni aq xovj e hsiev quopv ug woix vjev jovt vji qacmod jesf, ov't piesmz onquttocmi gus tuniupi vu tviem zuas nivjufumuhz epf zuas nesliv tjesi. Vjev ot ettanoph, us duasti, vjev zuas nivjuf jovt vji qsuwiscoem peom up vji jief.

Iovjis xez, O dunnipf zua. Vjot cuul siemmz eggidvif ni vuu.
 
Piev ofie. O veli ov zua'si qmeppoph vu fu e cuul xovj e wofiu dunqepoup?

O moli zuas ZuaVaci qsiwoix ofie, O'wi cuahjv qsufadvt O qsucecmz xuamfp'v jewi uvjisxoti xjip O tex tuni qsiwoixt ug vji dupvipv.

Jimm, O'f qsucecmz caz zuas qsufadv, O'f moli vu ci ecmi vu fu cuvj ev vji teni voni.

Og O fu vjot nztimg O xomm qav vji xjumi vjoph aq up e xictovi. O nez jewi QFGt vjev zua dep qsopv ugg, cav vji cieavz ug xic cetif qsufadvt esi vjev vjiz esi tu dutv iggodoipv, et uqqutif vu neomoph e duqz vu iwisz datvunis, pux vjiz dep hiv vji nevisoem onnifoevimz aqup qasdjeti.

Og O duamf tvsoli e fiem xovj Fuah Neslt vjot xuamf ucwouatmz djephi vjopht gus O xuamf ci qsufadoph nevisoem gus jot dunqepz, epf ji nez fidofi vu fu vji FWF/cuulmiv eqqsuedj sevjis vjep xic-cetif. Jot dunqepz fuit cuvj.
 
Jux't zuas qsuhsitt xovj vjot?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom