The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Has anyone attempted a luxury car rental business?

Andrewski

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 21, 2015
I've noticed a couple threads here and there of people talking about buying an exotic and renting it out or starting a luxury rental business. I'm curious if anyone here has tried it out and could share some of the problems they encountered and if they had any success.

I've been considering buying one and wanted to try renting one to see if it'd give me enough enjoyment to be worth spending the money. However no car rental places in my area offer high end cars so the idea came to me to fill the niche. We get plenty of wealthy tourists and there are tons of millionaires here so i believe the demand could be quite high if advertised right. I'm thinking of buying one to test the market and seeing if there's enough demand to expand. If not i'll have a sweet car to enjoy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
[HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG]

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
I've noticed a couple threads here and there of people talking about buying an exotic and renting it out or starting a luxury rental business. I'm curious if anyone here has tried it out and could share some of the problems they encountered and if they had any success.

I've been considering buying one and wanted to try renting one to see if it'd give me enough enjoyment to be worth spending the money. However no car rental places in my area offer high end cars so the idea came to me to fill the niche. We get plenty of wealthy tourists and there are tons of millionaires here so i believe the demand could be quite high if advertised right. I'm thinking of buying one to test the market and seeing if there's enough demand to expand. If not i'll have a sweet car to enjoy.
I made a post about a guy recently who did what you're planning to do: http://gatsbymag.com/read-the-story...indian-barber-went-from-broke-to-millionaire/

Maybe you can learn something from his experience. Goodluck.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lurento

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 8, 2017
Tallinn
I've worked for luxury car rental company in Europe. The market is pretty much the same in US.

Luxury car rental business is very lucrative, however the location of your fleet is essential to your success. Keep in mind it's a 24/7 job and you have to deal with different customer personas. Theft and fraud are common - unless you rent to local folks only. You need to protect yourself with technology and "intelligence". If the location you're targeting is already developed, advertising costs will be big. In the same time you need to be competitive and make sure that the cars are in very good condition.

Find a local dealership and figure out how to do business with them -- that's your cheapest entry ticket. If you want to start with brand new cars, make sure you know what you're doing.

For sure, you can make a lot of money and luxury car rental market has a great outlook. All the big players are trying to get in (Hertz, Enterprise, etc). Make sure you find someone experienced to help you out - it will be a lot easier.

Read this Special Report: The Problem with Renting Fast Cars - Rental Operations - Auto Rental News

Mihailo
Founder, Lurento.com

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!