The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Happy for finding this forum

svekk1

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jul 9, 2022
Recently joined the FF after reading TMF and Unscripted . I'm a guy in his 30's from a corrupt shithole Eastern European country. Through all my younger life I avoided taking life seriously, and therefore didn't care much about studying at school. I was not a bad student but well, a bit below average. Went to and graduated from college with a degree in Economics, but still didn't take life seriously back then, so I didn't learn much there. I'm from a fixed-mindset middle class family and I'm really grateful to my parents as they always wanted the best for me, but their version of best was the Scripted, Slowlane life. Still lot better than the Sidewalk. Luckily never cared about material BS and showing of (thanks to mom and dad). I'm currently working a 9-5 job, but I'm somewhat proud of where I ended up and I'm sure life has more for me as I'm actively working on it.

As I mentioned above I didn't care about school or didn't think about what I'll do with my life. I only cared about playing, hanging out with "friends", watching YouTube, scrolling mindlessly Facebook etc. This all backfired in my late 20s when I had to pay the price for all this. The price was working long hours in shitty conditions for low wage in the hospitality industry. I also spent a year in a different European country for better money but wasn't happy about where I ended up. When transferring back in my home country, I ended up in an office job, working with Financial Data, but still with a fixed mindset, believing that I cannot really control my life. Around 3 years ago I started focusing on myself more. Started studying, reading, being involved more in sports, actively seeking ways to improve myself, my tough process, breaking relationship with "friends" that are not worth my time due to bullying or other bullshit behavior that I no longer tolerate.

Learned some Python and SQL, got an introductory investment management certificate, learned a lot about economics and financial markets and landed a Data Analyst job at a well known FinTech company. Since then I no longer work there as it demanded too much from me and wasn't exactly what I expected it to be and I burned out. Currently still working with financial data so I have almost 6 years of experience in that field. Every time I changed jobs I managed to increase my salary by 50%, which I believe is relatively good. Still I'm feeling that this is not my path and no other BS office job is where I have to work for someone else.

I'm currently learning web development. Not that I necessarily want to do something with it, just for the fun of learning something useful. Also have some ideas that need this skillset.

Anyhow, I feel that I'm addicted to self improvement and getting better and wiser every day is one of my main life goals currently. I'm also happy that I found MJ's books and this forum, hope I can contribute in the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum, appreciate the introduction.

its_me_eddy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 28, 2022
Europe
Recently joined the FF after reading TMF and Unscripted . I'm a guy in his 30's from a corrupt shithole Eastern European country. Through all my younger life I avoided taking life seriously, and therefore didn't care much about studying at school. I was not a bad student but well, a bit below average. Went to and graduated from college with a degree in Economics, but still didn't take life seriously back then, so I didn't learn much there. I'm from a fixed-mindset middle class family and I'm really grateful to my parents as they always wanted the best for me, but their version of best was the Scripted, Slowlane life. Still lot better than the Sidewalk. Luckily never cared about material BS and showing of (thanks to mom and dad). I'm currently working a 9-5 job, but I'm somewhat proud of where I ended up and I'm sure life has more for me as I'm actively working on it.

As I mentioned above I didn't care about school or didn't think about what I'll do with my life. I only cared about playing, hanging out with "friends", watching YouTube, scrolling mindlessly Facebook etc. This all backfired in my late 20s when I had to pay the price for all this. The price was working long hours in shitty conditions for low wage in the hospitality industry. I also spent a year in a different European country for better money but wasn't happy about where I ended up. When transferring back in my home country, I ended up in an office job, working with Financial Data, but still with a fixed mindset, believing that I cannot really control my life. Around 3 years ago I started focusing on myself more. Started studying, reading, being involved more in sports, actively seeking ways to improve myself, my tough process, breaking relationship with "friends" that are not worth my time due to bullying or other bullshit behavior that I no longer tolerate.

Learned some Python and SQL, got an introductory investment management certificate, learned a lot about economics and financial markets and landed a Data Analyst job at a well known FinTech company. Since then I no longer work there as it demanded too much from me and wasn't exactly what I expected it to be and I burned out. Currently still working with financial data so I have almost 6 years of experience in that field. Every time I changed jobs I managed to increase my salary by 50%, which I believe is relatively good. Still I'm feeling that this is not my path and no other BS office job is where I have to work for someone else.

I'm currently learning web development. Not that I necessarily want to do something with it, just for the fun of learning something useful. Also have some ideas that need this skillset.

Anyhow, I feel that I'm addicted to self improvement and getting better and wiser every day is one of my main life goals currently. I'm also happy that I found MJ's books and this forum, hope I can contribute in the future.
Welcome to the community! You will learn a lot from here. Thank you for your introduction.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...