The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Half way through The Millionaire Fastlane, I'm 16 years old and want to take the fastlane before the end of highschool but I feel stuck.

swooshed

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 2, 2022
So yeah I've been interested in entrepreneurship for a while but I'm not sure what to focus completely on, there's so many different businesses. Originally I wanted to learn to code but after looking through this forum it seems that isn't a good idea, instead that I should learn marketing and sales. My main issue is figuring out what to focus on, how would you suggest I go about this?
Right now I'm basically a wantrepreneur and I want to begin taking action as soon as possible so I don't end up in the slowlane like everyone else.

How do you figure out what kind of business to start? What niche?

I really appreciate any responses thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
So yeah I've been interested in entrepreneurship for a while but I'm not sure what to focus completely on, there's so many different businesses. Originally I wanted to learn to code but after looking through this forum it seems that isn't a good idea, instead that I should learn marketing and sales. My main issue is figuring out what to focus on, how would you suggest I go about this?
Right now I'm basically a wantrepreneur and I want to begin taking action as soon as possible so I don't end up in the slowlane like everyone else.

I really appreciate any responses thank you
Hey Swooshed,

Could you just start helping people (in a niche) and iterate to a productocracy?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Business is not about finding the right niche or tactic, it's about solving problems and providing value.

Don't spend too much time in the planning phase. Start doing something and adjust as you go. You don't have the necessary insight nor experience to be able to figure out things in advance, so start doing and learning as much as you can right away.

swooshed

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 2, 2022
You don't have the necessary insight nor experience to be able to figure out things in advance, so start doing and learning as much as you can right away.
That's the thing I don't know what to start doing, should I just start any low cost business to start learning?

I have provided value some times by giving advice to people, had some people directly message me too, could that be a starting point somehow?

swooshed

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 2, 2022
Hey Swooshed,

Could you just start helping people (in a niche) and iterate to a productocracy?

Good post, I'll journal some more and try find some pain points but I may already have a rough idea since a while back I was helping out people figure out their problems and giving them suggestions on what to do, sometimes to people 6-8 years older

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 28, 2022
I recommend a digital marketing agency, relatively low startup costs, a business email and a website. Beware it has become a popular market for new entrepreneurs, i recommend you watch iman gadzhi for a guide and just search up how to start an SMMA

swooshed

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 2, 2022
I recommend a digital marketing agency, relatively low startup costs, a business email and a website. Beware it has become a popular market for new entrepreneurs, i recommend you watch iman gadzhi for a guide and just search up how to start an SMMA
Funny you say that, I was just at a barber and the guy cutting my hair was the business owner and it was quite a small business, instantly I thought of SMMA and how they and other businesses locally need help getting customers

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.