The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hakrjak starts a new flip....

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Hey Gang,

I'm starting a new flip this month and am documenting it with pics and stories on my blog. I don't make any money from this, and am just doing it for fun -- So if you'd like to follow along with my flipping adventure -- You can tune in at:

www.coloradospringsrei.com

Cheers,

- Hakrjak:banana:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

slim_jim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 31, 2008
Columbus, OH
Awesome. I just read through your blog. You are definately headed towards the fastlane. I look forward to more posts on your blog as you progress.

speed ++

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
Like it, Speed+

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I just thought I'd clarify since there was some confusion from atleast one person.

I don't make any money from the blog, and am not trying to... it's just for fun.

The flipping, I definitely make money from (While also having fun!) ;)

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Corrado79

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 24, 2007
Santa Monica, CA
Wheh! Thanks for the clarification. I was one of the confused. I went to sleep last night wondering how you were financing a flipping project that you weren't planning on making any money on. :rofl:

Jakko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 2, 2007
Hey Hakrjak,

Did you buy those two houses as REO? Also, could you tell us how you are financing the two deals? HML? HELOC?

That said, it's looking good so far! If your renter buys the house right after it's done, that would be really awesome!!

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Hey Hakrjak,

Did you buy those two houses as REO? Also, could you tell us how you are financing the two deals? HML? HELOC?

That said, it's looking good so far! If your renter buys the house right after it's done, that would be really awesome!!

I buy 80% of my houses on REO, so yep... these houses were REO's... The financing was on 3 yr arms, I paid about 75% of FMV on them... then I rented them for about 3 yrs before I begin to flip them at that point, evading short term capital gains taxes -- and actually cashflowing nicely for 3 years in the meantime.

So far so good on selling 1 when it's complete later this month... If I can get rid of that sleezy Realtor trying to ruin my deal (See other thread)... I'll try to post some new pics tomorrow or the next day.

Only thing I will do differently at this point in the future with my strategy is to find places that will probably cashflow good on 30 yr fixed, in case I want to expand my timeline a bit and enjoy the cashflow longer. I've also learned not to be too afraid of ARMs... just when things look like they are getting bad, they always turn around and then you're back in the green ;)

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Thanks for the update. Love hearing about local flips. Lived in the springs for awhile. Off of Centennial near Garden of the Gods.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.