The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Had to call it quits today.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MrDDub24

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 18, 2017
CT
Well, one of those threads no one wants to make.

Basically the dream came to a sudden halt today, flew too close to the sun and got burned.

My last year plus failed to produced enough tangible success and it's time to go back to the slowlane for the time being.

General details are that I spent the last year intending to build a business within the oil and gas niche and addressed various topics but could never cross the hump of getting clients.

Savings gone, accrued debt, probably have to go live back at home on a sofa again.
I violated several basic principles we talk about a lot on here and in the books in terms of how not to approach things (not bailing early enough, letting all your cash dwindle etc.) but I do feel this was a learning experience.

If this sounds vague or all over the place, I'm in a melancholic state of mind so that's to be expected. However I'm also sort of optimistic at the same time.

P.S. I haven't quit for good of course, just for the time being.

Cheers to all you guys
I had to make that move about 6 yrs ago and i'm still in the slow lane. BUT i have a stable position now that pays the bills, i'm stockpiling for the next venture. Keep your head up, it sux but you'll look back and be happy why this happened to you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
The way I always view it. I'd rather spend my time talking to somebody about their journey that somebody who can only talk about the end result.

What went wrong, what went well. What are the (in hindsight) foolish things you did or didn't do.

It's like a bad relationship. When it ends, you think the world comes crumbling down. Months down the line you laugh at how silly those thoughts were.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
It is moments like this, that this inner voice will show up and question : Is entrepreneurship / starting a business basically a glorified version of gambling? Because you can't control the odds much. With gambling, you can't guarantee a win, just like in business, you can apply all the marketing strategies and fastlane theory BUT no one (even MJ) will say "I can guarantee that you can succeed as long as you do xxxxx and work hard or your money back".

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
I'm with the people that say "It's not really quitting." because it isn't.
You even said it yourself.

It's perfectly fine to feel bad or down after a major setback. But of course that doesn't mean you have to stay down.

Keep swinging and soon enough you'll hit a homerun.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tobi1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 3, 2021
Germany
Thank you very much for sharing.

At these hard times it comes down to your mindset how to handle a failure. A failure is just more experience gained when you use it to your advantage! So analyze it, recover and realign to start back into it. I wish you all the best!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Don't give up totally. If anything keep something small up on the side to keep the fire burning. Never concede.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.