The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Habits of Self-Made Billionaires (Info-graphic)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Great article from Entrepreneur.com

Goes to show you that your current living situation does not predict your future. Your choices do!!

The Habits of Self-Made Billionaires (Infographic) | Entrepreneur.com

Of the 100 richest people in the world right now, 27 inherited their fortune, according to an infographic generated by the startup organization Funders and Founders based on data from Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Thirty-six were born to humble households, if they have a family at all, and 18 have no college degree. Eight entrepreneur billionaires fall into both categories: They were neither born into money nor have a college education. Consider Larry Ellison, the founder of software giant Oracle. He was an orphan, and recently Ellison had estimated net worth valued at $37 billion. And Amancio Ortega, founder of fashion retailer Zara, was the child of a railroad worker and recently he had estimated net worth of $52 billion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MNentre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Dec 11, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Meh, I thought the article was pretty lame. Zero substance on anything except a few excerpts about their current companies. I think there is a lotmore to their stories, and specifically the self made billionaires', than taking risks (obvious), recognizing trends early (obvious), and eating with employees (irrelevant, imo), etc.

just my 2 cents.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Well that was certainly disappointing. I thought Entrepreneur would have more substance in that article.

Fermovian

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 19, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Meh, I thought the article was pretty lame. Zero substance on anything except a few excerpts about their current companies. I think there is a lotmore to their stories, and specifically the self made billionaires', than taking risks (obvious), recognizing trends early (obvious), and eating with employees (irrelevant, imo), etc.

just my 2 cents.

Eating with employees is very relevant if you talk to them. My current employers have no idea about what is going on on the shop floor. They keep claiming poverty and yet allow people to waste time and company resources without saying anything because the owner is barely every there and when he is he is almost always in the office.

Roberteking78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Nov 16, 2012
Eating with employees is very relevant if you talk to them. My current employers have no idea about what is going on on the shop floor. They keep claiming poverty and yet allow people to waste time and company resources without saying anything because the owner is barely every there and when he is he is almost always in the office.

Yes, there is a lot to be said for people skills, but 5 out of 8 of those guys didn't eat with their employees. It is worth noting that the 3 that did made more than the rest, though that's just circumstantial.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics