The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Guidelines for outsourcing software related projects

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
I recently had to outsource the testing of a web application I am building. I had success with it and I am sharing with you the strategy I followed:

Be ready to invest some time in finding the right employees
Never outsource if you are behind schedule. You have to do your research and probably some interviews.

Ask for previous relative work

Depending on the answer the freelancer gives to you, you might understand if he is right for the job or not.

Never outsource the whole project from the beginning
Find a small piece of the project you are building and try to outsource only that if it is possible

Hire a pool of freelancers and filter
For my project I hired about 7 freelancers. Some I paid 30$/hour and some 8$/hour. I asked only for 2-hour work each one of them. Now I have the option to hire the 2-3 best that have already proved that they are worth every cent!

Ignore high rates with no rating
There is no point in hiring someone that charges high and has no rating at all

Do not end your proposal

Try to get as more proposals as possible. Although you might not use the specific freelancers for this project, you might try to test them at a future one.

Less money per hour does not mean better value
Of 7 freelancers, the two best where the one with the highest rate/hour and the one with the lowest. So rate/hour does not equal to value/hour.

Trust your gut
If your gut says no for someone don't think about it. Move to the next one.

Hope the above will be valuable to anyone in order to save time & money

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.