What's new

GROWING PAINS - Moving into entrepreneurship

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Stack$

New Contributor
Joined
Oct 1, 2014
Messages
25
Rep Bank
$135
User Power: 24%
I have to tell you the experience frightens me, you need to have a breakdown of a unique background of this situation. I am turning 21, I am on my 1st year of college, my first job experience has been a gogo dancer (because it's lucrative), all my friends went to study abroad (like literally all of them), I am about to drop the position that I have now and a guaranteed $5000 paycheck for a variety of reasons... ego, cant deal with bosses (not like they can stand me), just all around I feel the more I fulfill somebody's elses agendas the more I move away from mine; feelings of running on a treadmill; I can make infinitely more myself...
I just got really comfortable with what I have now but I know this is not the way to go, because I wont move any FURTHER even if Im good now and not realizing the visions that I had for my life as a child is something I can't even fathom.

I am especially frightened by visions of how at this point after high school and everything NOBODY GIVES A F*ck about what you're gonna do with your life and where you're gonna end up, so you respond only to yourself.

I have a bit of a bodybuilding background and I think there's a common link between this and entrepreneurship, because also nobody is standing above you with a leash to sculpt and push yourself, yet you do this because the motivation is in place.

I have a plethora of ideas plus a small business background/experience I had as a teen, seemingly easy to get capital for the endeavors, some formal knowledge, there's really nothing lack for me to be successful yet I am so frightened.
It's not fear of failure even, just this uncertainty, chaos, those feelings have to do with entering adulthood in general.

Twist to the story is that I've been contemplating full on entrepreneurship for a while now, but at this point I WILL HAVE TO move on because of my mother's financial problems, she won't be able to support me anymore.

I don't have anybody in my family who's an entrepreneurship to give me support.

How you say I cope with this? I think it's a general question to all people who moved from posts to founding their own companies, preferrably in a young age.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Xjz xuamf zua kanq tjoq xovjuav jewoph e veshiv op nopf? O xeovif apvom O tvesvif e catopitt up vji tofi epf xet neloph nupiz cigusi O migv nz qutovoup.

Fup'v ati ipvsiqsipiastjoq et ep iydati vu itdeqi. Vjev't e notveli op nz uqopoup.
 
Ectumavimz puv ep itdeqi. O jewi nz 1tv suapf ug dmoipvt.
 
Ot ov dmuti vu duwisoph mowoph iyqiptit? Dep zua dupvopai vu hsux ov xovj zuas iggusv tqmov, us fu zua puv jewi ipuahj voni?
 
Voni xuamf ci e djemmiphi. Us gudat sevjis.
 
ximmmmmmm ov piift vu ci vjuahjv vjsuahj tvomm, cav mivt tez ev vji dsutt ug xic fiwimuqnipv epf csepfoph, cav PUV e csepfoph ehipdz us xjeviwis
Cav On vemloph ecuav nuwoph up vu fuoph vjopht up zuas uxp jepf op hipisem
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom