The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings From So Cal

EricThePilot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Nov 27, 2007
Yucaipa, Ca
Hi y'all!

I've been lurking on here for a while and decided it was time for the first post. First thing I must say is just how great this forum is. I've never seen a community with the atmosphere that The Fastlane has. From what I've seen, there are so many real people here dedicated to the Fastlane philosophy and lifestyle as well as helping each other become successful. Hats off to MJ for starting this!:thankyousign:

So here's a little bit about myself. As my name suggests, I am a pilot. I finished my commercial license last November, and I am currently working on my Flight Instructor license. I should have that knocked out by the end of January or so should the weather cooperate. When I first started flying a year and a half ago, I had intended on making it a career becoming a corporate pilot. My perspective on things was about to change drastically. I started my flight training out of Palm Springs International. It became a regular event to see many business jets park near our little trainer aircraft. I think this was what got me wondering just how exactly people were able to buy these 10, 20, even 50+ million dollar aircraft. (fyi Barry Manilow flies in to PS regularly in his Hawker jet).

With my curiosity piqued, I decided the next time I visited my now favorite library... Barnes & Noble I would do some research. So there I was at B&N in a land foreign to me: The Business/Financial Section. For some reason this odd book called "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" stood out and was the first book I looked at. I sat down and read it cover to cover there in a few hours. "WOW!" I first thought. It was a mind blowing experience learning these concepts that were totally foreign to me. The rest, as they say, is history, and since that day I have voraciously devoured everything I could find on the subjects of entrepreneurship, finance, investing and the like.

Fast forward to now a little over a year later and I am writing my business plan for my first company ready to take on the world, unstoppable. I am working on the flight instructor license not for a career anymore, but 1) For my love of flying, 2) To help finance my business, and 3) So that when the time comes, I'll have to flight experience to pilot MY company's jet!:banana:

So there you have it. I look forward to reading more about everyone's endeavors and keep everyone up to date on my own.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Welcome aboard! This is indeed a great community.

Cheers!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007