The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from Ohio

the RONaissance

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 7, 2014
Akron Oh
WHERE I'M FROM: Greetings from Ohio guys, real interested in learning and sharing what I learn. I absolutely believe in pay it forward and look forward to communicating with like minded individuals. I've found that as I've shifted my mindset most people around me don't carry the same entrepreneurial mindset I do, and those that do, unfortunately due to working schedules, we're never able to see each other, or their ideas aren't relevant to my specific goals. So it's very hard to find like minded people that are interested in creating a lifestyle business to bounce around new ideas and strategies with, I look forward to doing that here.

HOW I GOT HERE: For the past decade plus I've been involved in insurance claims (with two of the four largest carriers in the nation, you know the commercials). Within that time, from one location, I and 1400 peers were "downsized"(at least we got a 5 figure severance package), and the other I found so utterly undesirable I left and took a pay cut. The pay cut was temporary and I found a role a month later as a claims investigator at a regional insurance location, where I currently am. In between the layoff from ***State and finding a job at what I'll call "UnProgressive Insurance" I picked up my real estate license during the low point in the market. I did a bit but largely spun my wheels in mud "I don't blame the market but myself". I began thinking about an internet business actually over 4 years ago, mainly as a way to market my real estate business. I got caught in paralysis of analysis, that combined with the market, I put my real estate license back in escrow and went back to insurance claims which is my "safe spot". Recently, after dealing with a high figure claim involving attorneys, a forensic investigator and little old me, I started thinking to myself, there has to be another way, my life is not benefiting from this at all. So I started researching in earnest online lifestyle businesses and here I am.

WHAT MY GOALS ARE: I have a renewed focus on creating a lifestyle business online. I am looking at this as I would rather be uncomfortable and build something that would benefit myself and my family than to stay in the "comfort" of the insurance industry. My goal is multiple online income streams (already have an abundance of ideas) and a renewed passion to succeed in real estate, with some years of introspection on what not to do. Sorry to be so long winded, but I had to get that out. Anyway, I look forward to learning and growing and sharing my experience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...