The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from Norway

Jerv

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 27, 2017
Scandinavia
Hello, future friends!

Before starting this brief (at least I'm trying to keep it that way) introduction, I'd like to make an apology of any grammatical, syntaxical or otherwise bad language errors. I'll try my best to keep it as well written as possible, but there will be mistakes.

I'm recently graduated with a masters degree in Communications, and work at...eh. I'm not entirely sure what the correct english term is, but we draw, sell and hire entrepreneurs to build houses (single houses and multi-family houses only). I like my job and my co-workers a lot, but something is missing. Mostly the opportunity to be in a place where I can be involved in strategic decisions and be in the front of change and innovation.

So, as of now, I'm at the start of a start-up - and that's pretty much the reason I joined this forum - to learn from other entrepreneurs with experience and knowledge. I do have some of it myself, as I've run a semi-successfull freelance business and co-founded a workshop-based program for connecting investors with people who are "on the outside of" society and have solutions to their own problems - but not the ability to do something with it on their own.

I've learned a bit, especially how important it is to choose the right partner and the consequences of a bad recruitment-strategy. The employee has a lot of rights i Norway, and if you get a bad seed in your business - it may take a lot of cash and time to get rid of said person.

In my former engagements, I've mostly been involved in my area of expertise, which is marketing, communications, networking and partly developing the organization itself. Not so much in finances, sales or the technical aspect of things.

My biggest issue, as I know of that is, is that I'm not disciplined enough to follow an idea through a longer period of time. I've got a lot of doable and un-doable ideas, but just as I've started with one - something else consumes me. That is something I'm seriously looking into, and hopefully I get a lot of inspiration to become a more disciplined and focused entrepreneur.

Well, that's me! See you guys around.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jerv

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 27, 2017
Scandinavia
Depending on how you define when a start up is a start up, I'm involved in a project where we're developing a collaborative, democratic model to use alongside "standard" areal planning in places where a lot of stakeholders will be affected in a negative way. Think highrising buildings in districts with a strong tradition for typical single family housing, new railroads going through neighbourhoods or modernization of "historical" districts.

Most cities here are facing a dilemma. Aside from the big trends of greenification and migration, the dilemma is between growth (high density buildings and modern infrastructure) and protection (renowned areas, farmland etc). Often they succumb to either the mindset of growth or protection, not taking into account that there is another way. We want to change this with a more democratic way of planning.

If successfull, we aim to offer this model (which will be in a workshop-kinda way) to the local governments, builders and building associations, and landowners who want to zone buildings on their land - especially in areas where there is a lot of opposition towards their ideas.

Van Halen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Mar 3, 2017
United Kingdom
Depending on how you define when a start up is a start up, I'm involved in a project where we're developing a collaborative, democratic model to use alongside "standard" areal planning in places where a lot of stakeholders will be affected in a negative way. Think highrising buildings in districts with a strong tradition for typical single family housing, new railroads going through neighbourhoods or modernization of "historical" districts.

Most cities here are facing a dilemma. Aside from the big trends of greenification and migration, the dilemma is between growth (high density buildings and modern infrastructure) and protection (renowned areas, farmland etc). Often they succumb to either the mindset of growth or protection, not taking into account that there is another way. We want to change this with a more democratic way of planning.

If successfull, we aim to offer this model (which will be in a workshop-kinda way) to the local governments, builders and building associations, and landowners who want to zone buildings on their land - especially in areas where there is a lot of opposition towards their ideas.
Considering you have a masters degree in communications, it wasn't communicated very clearly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jerv

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 27, 2017
Scandinavia
Considering you have a masters degree in communications, it wasn't communicated very clearly.

Pretty hard translating technical terms as well as providing the context of our public administration and democratic structures.

Okay, I'll try again. We're developing a co-operative model in the space between public administration, non-governmental stakeholders and builders/building associations/landowners in the context of building new infrastructure. This takes away a lot of nuance, but yeah.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...