thesaintv12
New Contributor
- Joined
- Sep 7, 2011
- Messages
- 6
Rep Bank
$75
$75
User Power: 50%
Hi all,
I loved the no nonsense style of the book, so thought I'd join up.
A little background about me -
I got the bug for business working part time aged 15 in a greengrocer. The owner was a racing driver, so was rarely around. He employed a manager who was a major alcoholic. This meant that by 10am each day he was too far gone to function, so I quickly got to run the place and loved the feeling of it.
I wasn't that great at school and I left and started work as an apprentice mechanic. They were putting in a computer system at the garage and I took an interest (I liked playing with PC's outside work). The IT guy saw something in me and offered me a job. I worked as a tech and moved to programming.
I worked at a string of companies large and small, but was never really happy as I still wanted to work for myself. I tried various different ventures.....all failed.
Then I got a break - the credit crunch. The company I was at started laying people off. I was running their software department, so was pretty confident they wouldn't let me go. So, I worked on an idea to save them money - I would leave and become self-employed, they could pay me for he hours I worked to cut costs, and I could take on extra staff when needed. This meant they could just have the IT manager left and downsize the office.
While it has the advantage that my life is very flexible, I work from home and get to spend time with my kids, it is still a JOB. I can't scale it because they pay for my hours worked and only want to buy my experience, not that of someone I employ.
So, at the moment I am working on different ideas to create passive income. I have a few that have failed, but some which are working. I an scaling the good ones, but still trying out new things because none of the good ones will make me rich so far.
I still see myself as the biggest problem. I have loads of great ideas but let myself down in the delivery. I am working on improving me so that I can move forwards.
Anyway, hope to talk to some of you here.
I loved the no nonsense style of the book, so thought I'd join up.
A little background about me -
I got the bug for business working part time aged 15 in a greengrocer. The owner was a racing driver, so was rarely around. He employed a manager who was a major alcoholic. This meant that by 10am each day he was too far gone to function, so I quickly got to run the place and loved the feeling of it.
I wasn't that great at school and I left and started work as an apprentice mechanic. They were putting in a computer system at the garage and I took an interest (I liked playing with PC's outside work). The IT guy saw something in me and offered me a job. I worked as a tech and moved to programming.
I worked at a string of companies large and small, but was never really happy as I still wanted to work for myself. I tried various different ventures.....all failed.
Then I got a break - the credit crunch. The company I was at started laying people off. I was running their software department, so was pretty confident they wouldn't let me go. So, I worked on an idea to save them money - I would leave and become self-employed, they could pay me for he hours I worked to cut costs, and I could take on extra staff when needed. This meant they could just have the IT manager left and downsize the office.
While it has the advantage that my life is very flexible, I work from home and get to spend time with my kids, it is still a JOB. I can't scale it because they pay for my hours worked and only want to buy my experience, not that of someone I employ.
So, at the moment I am working on different ideas to create passive income. I have a few that have failed, but some which are working. I an scaling the good ones, but still trying out new things because none of the good ones will make me rich so far.
I still see myself as the biggest problem. I have loads of great ideas but let myself down in the delivery. I am working on improving me so that I can move forwards.
Anyway, hope to talk to some of you here.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
