The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from Italy

AlessandroD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 20, 2020
Italy
Hi all,

before to start I want to apologize for my English, I know it is far to be perfect therefore be patient, thanks.

So, where to start, maybe from the beginning, I'm Alessandro, 44 years old, wife, kids, employed and surely I was a sidewalker (using TMFL vocabulary).
Then something happened, I have started to change my idea of wealth and time, don't be rich or own some cool gadget weren't my real problems, to have few time for me/family/friends was/is my real issue.
Also the enviroment taken a toll on my life, it is nice to live in a big city for severals reasons but I needed more nature around me, not in the philosophical term or buying few plants, I wanted to be with the nature.
Therefore my first step was to buy a house close to the Alps with a garden and some fruit plants, and yes I have a mortage too. Was it a bad decision for my financial status? Indeed but my life starting to change, I'm happy to spend time on my vegetable garden, eating what I have sown and harvested. This was about 2 years ago.
Next step was to improve myself, if I can change the enviroment should be easy to change myself, or not? No!

It is hard, we naturally resist changes, and if not you is someone else close to you, or the world around you, to change bad habits is not easy at all, but I'm working on it.
Few months ago I have started to lose weight (- 8 kilos/17 pounds) and now I'm running and doing exercise almost every day.

Ok, next one I said, given that I have no interest to have lot of money per se but to buy time for what I really care obviously the main thing to change was pretty easy to spot, my job/income, but how?
I have started to read several books about finance but nothing that really hit me, then I read TMF book and I immediately found what I'm looking for, not a course, program or easy steps to follow, but a mindset to learn from, for that many thanks @MJ DeMarco, you own me.
To be honest I bought the book some time ago but I finished it only Wednesday, Unscripted will soon follow.

Time to think how to start a business, plenty of topics to read here.
Thanks for your time.

Ciao

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Benvenuto Alessandro, thanks for your intro.

Don't worry about your English; it's perfectly understandable.

You mention you have been a sidewalker for the better part of your life, but I have a hard time thinking of someone who takes care of their kids as a "sidewalker".

I'm Italian too, and I live in a small province in the middle of the Alps. The scenery is lovely, but sometimes it feels like opportunities aren't as many as in a big city. That's fine; it also means that competition is low.

What is your current job? What is your area of expertise?

Feel free to PM me if you need any help.

Walter

AlessandroD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 20, 2020
Italy
Ciao Walter,
thanks for your warm welcome!

...You mention you have been a sidewalker for the better part of your life, but I have a hard time thinking of someone who takes care of their kids as a "sidewalker"...

Oh well, I wasn't exactly as described in the book, but in the financial sector not so far.
Of course with the family lot of things have changed but if I have to put a label on me in my early years this one fit better.

About living in a small town: surely I miss several things from the big city, but when you wake-up and your window is like a panoramic view (mountains) every inconvenience disappears. Of course this works for me and my family because we are much much less stressed.

I work in the IT field, I'm an ITIL certified and I supervise a service desk team for several customers.

PM sent, thanks!
Ale

klaipeda

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Sep 22, 2015
Melbourne
Hello, ciao. I’m Italian too and I’m from a little town in Piemonte, but I moved in Melbourne about 6 years ago.

we should ask to have a forum section in Italian language

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AlessandroD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 20, 2020
Italy
I live in Piedmont too, actually in Susa Valley.

Thanks for the welcome!
Ale

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.