The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from Iowa!

dsueck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 26, 2008
Hello all!

Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm Dean Sueck and I live in really rural Iowa, just about dead-center between Des Moines and Omaha.

I have a wife and 4 children, 2 cats, 2 dogs (well, with the new litter, 15 dogs), 2 horses (sigh). We live on a 6 acre slice of heaven in the Iowa countryside and won't give it up for anything you can name. The kids are mostly moved out now, 3 are gone and 1 will probably go this June.

For the past almost 25 years, I've been a professional computer consultant, running around the country helping people resolve different computer problems. I love my work and am well paid, unfortunately it has this feast and famine cycle in which I work for 6-8 months, then spend another 3 months trying to line up the next gig. It's been going like this for the past few years and the jobs are starting to get harder to find so I need to find a way out of this area and get into something just as lucrative but more constant and steady.

So I need to find a way to make an income that 1) isn't so labor intensive and 2) that is steady.

Well, without putting you all to sleep (hopefully) I'll close now.

I'm excited to be here and look forward to getting to know you all!

Dean

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dsueck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 26, 2008
Hmmm. Unsure as yet. Looking at the Foreign Exchange markets, but with 95% losing their shirts there, not sure I want to get into that buzzsaw.

I'd love to become a writer which might be the route I end up going down, even though the odds are pretty stiff there as well.

I've got a lot of different skills, both computer and non-computer and that's probably part of my problem. lol. EVERYTHING looks good or bad depending on how I look at things on a particular day.

Obviously haven't decided yet. But I'm trying the Forex in a small way right now to see how badly I get burned ;) Going to do some writing concurrently and see how that goes.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Dean and thanks for telling us about yourself. Much obliged.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...