Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from Denver CO

ghart999

New Contributor
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
20%
Hi Fastlaners. I wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I signed up the forum 1 year ago and just never did anything to go further. Read Fastlane a few weeks back and I am balls to the walls ready to change my life. I am a patent attorney, married and have 2 kids. But I need more than this job. It pays decent but not going to get me where I want. I don’t have enough time to do what I really want which is being my own boss and taking shit from no one.

After years of filing patents for inventors who come up with some great ideas, I have decided I need to stop keeping my product ideas in my head and actually get moving and design some things, file some provisional patents, validate these ideas and bring them to market.

I started designing iPhone apps for the past 6 months but took the wrong approach and ended up dumping $15K into 3 very advanced and intricate apps that made me very little. I don’t want to code things. Just outsource the work to devs from other countries. I have learned a ton about outsourcing from this venture. I know understand the formula to do better in apps, but frankly I have lost my desire to continue on that path. The thought of pushing stupid game to the app store to make money from advertising sound cheap to me.

So here I am. I have been going to local inventor’s clubs to learn what I can about product design, prototyping, 3D printers, CNC machining, etc. I’m taking a day long class on Crowdfunding next week and reading as much as I can on the product design world. I just need to pick one of my 6 product ideas and jump in.

On top of seeking advice from the forum, I am also here to answer questions about patents, trademarks, and licensing. So ask away.

Gregg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
447%
Thanks for the intro and welcome aboard.

On top of seeking advice from the forum, I am also here to answer questions about patents, trademarks, and licensing. So ask away.

We certainly get a lot of those questions! Any invention projects underway so far or are you still in exploratory phase?

ghart999

New Contributor
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
20%
Thanks MJ for the reply. I filed a patent for a friend who had an idea for a product for the snow skiing industry. He had a full design done up and a rough prototype. Am am getting involved with him on this as I have enhancement for the original design. So we are talking with some product designers to make the changed and provide a prototype.

But this is not my baby. I am not passionate about the product, so I am mostly looking at this as a learning experience with no risk and some level of ownership in the product.

I have not taken any of my ideas beyond conception and basic drawings and specs. I guess I really need to figure out how to validate some of these ideas before spending tons of time and money to take them further. That's a big part of the process I need to learn.

Gregg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...