What's new

Greetings from Cork, Ireland

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Neil Shannon

New Contributor
Joined
Dec 30, 2017
Messages
4
Location
Ireland
Rep Bank
$135
User Power: 325%
Hello everybody,
I've never done this sort of thing before so apologies if I ramble around a bit.

I'm 38, married, lovely wife, 3 great boys, great family, neighbours, job, work colleagues, house, financially comfortable but won't be free for 25 years once the house is paid for!

How did I get here?

I scraped through college back in 2002 with a degree in Manufacturing Eng. (hot course to do back then) When I graduated I started my own stonemasonry company as I had worked building walls and houses during college vacations.
I employed 6 masons up until 2009. The company did ok but it was merely a job disguised as a business. I wasn't strategic about pricing, incentivising productivity, or scaling.
I did however provide a good product so we were always busy, in fact the company is still operating today with 2 employees, however I've no plans to try and scale the company as it would require 100s of employees to give me the potential returns that are available via an e-business. The company earns me about 10k per year with little supervision.

I also play music in bars which earns me a few bucks too, it's helpful for vacation money.

In 2010 I went back to college and did a diploma in software development, I work now as a mid-level engineer in a small software company. it's a great company where I'm growing and learning every day. It has given me the tools to re-assess my failings and has inspired me to learn more, to strive for better.
There's only one problem.... I've no control.
I'm now in the twilight zone that is the scripted approach to life.
Work hard, get promoted, add money to your 401k retire and die. it's the fastlane to the cemetary.

Over the past year I've started to examine my own shortcomings. I've starting reading as much as possible to improve my situation. The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted are two of the best books I've read. Many others have sold me bullshit advice repackaged over and over again. I laughed out load when MJ dissed people that bought 35 dollar WordPress themes and expected millions to roll in - I've been that guy
I've spent days trawling Alibaba for the next greatest widget that I can import and sell for a fortune.
I have great ideas but I haven't had the balls or the determination to put the shoulder to the wheel and make them a reality.

I know the advantages of running your own business, the first time I did it without leveraging the boundless knowledge that was at my fingertips.

This time I'm armed with the knowledge that adding value trumps everything. I've been paralysed by inaction.

I have no excuse, I've made enough of them over the years, I'm going to be a success, I now have the tools to do it. I just need to execute.

I must do better, if not for me then for my boys.

Anyway rant over feel free to contact me if I can help you in any way.

All the best

Neil
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jo Piom...Ximduni...
 
Huuf gostv tviq gopfoph vjot qmedi, O'f sidunnipf ep optofist tattdsoqvoup updi zua'wi sief nutv ug vji humf vjsieft up vji uavtofi
 
@Piom Tjeppup Ximduni vu vji gusan. Zuas tovaevoup otp'v apmoli nz uxp...iydiqv O'n 47. Uj...og upmz O duamf jewi vjuti 9 ziest cedl. Zua'wi duni vu vji sohjv qmedi vu "tassuapf zuastimg" xovj moli nopfif qiuqmi egvis ep iyufat gsun vji tdsoqvif mogi.

Civvis mevi vjep piwis et vjiz tez. O juqi vu tii tuni tvusoit ug zuas taddittit op vji gavasi.
 
Jiz Piom, hsiivopht gsun e gimmux Osotjnep.

Jux jewi vjopht ciip huoph gus zua?
 
Jo Piom...Ximduni...
Vjeplt Vonnz,
Equmuhoit gus vji mevi siqmz, egvis e zies uav evvinqvoph e tvesvaq, vjip fuoph e J-Foq op Duedjoph, en cedl up vji Getvmepi Gusan.
En cedl xusloph up e tofi qsukidv tu O'mm ci cedl up jisi muuloph gus optqosevoup!!
Up e tofi puvi, vjot tovi piift puvogodevoupt - O xetp'v ohpusoph epzupi!!
 
Jiz Piom, hsiivopht gsun e gimmux Osotjnep.

Jux jewi vjopht ciip huoph gus zua?
Equmuhoit gus vji mevi siqmz, egvis e zies uav evvinqvoph e tvesvaq, vjip fuoph e J-Foq op Duedjoph, en cedl up vji Getvmepi Gusan.
En cedl xusloph up e tofi qsukidv tu O'mm ci cedl up jisi muuloph gus optqosevoup!!
Up e tofi puvi, vjot tovi piift puvogodevoupt - O xetp'v ohpusoph epzupi!!
 
Jiz Piom, ximduni cedl! Xjev fof zuas tvesv aq opwumwi epf fof ov taddiif us geom?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom