Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from a Romanian Young'in

Speed112

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
284%
WHO AM I?

Hello,
My name is Speed and I'm from Bucharest. I am 19 years old and I am currently studying Power Engineering as well as Management at the local Polytechnical University. The reason for the mix is that I am building up to being a Nuclear Physicist and I believe being economically independent and pursuing self-education is the best way to getting there and doing it quickly. I want to do it and I want it now.

WHAT MADE ME SEARCH FOR ALTERNATIVES?

Unfortunately, so far, University has proven to be a bust and it feels even slower than High School. I am confident in saying that I have learned more interesting and useful things in a few weeks this summer than I have learned in the three months of University that I have attended so far. It reminds me of a chapter in Richard Feynman's autobiography, where he went to Brazil and challenged their educational system; it is eerily similar.
Therefor, I have concluded that academia isn't for me and am instead pursuing a self-sustained business that can fuel my thirst for knowledge. I am basically replacing Study Now;Work Later with Work and Study now;Keep Studying Forever.

HOW DID I GET HERE?

I have always been dissatisfied with the societal norms and the limits that were expected of us -the Slowlane-, luckily, while studying (useful things) I stumbled upon The Millionaire Fastlane . I am not one that has enjoyed reading books, I've always found them to express information at a very slow pace, however reading this book was extremely exciting. The book perfectly described what I was dissatisfied with and what is so frustrating to me, as well as the reasons behind it. Through-out the different chapters, I kept getting pumped-up and motivated intellectually like never before. It made me feel that even though I was stuck in the slow course of the normal economical river along with every other rafter out there, I could build my own engine and speed up past everyone else like I've always wanted to.
I finished reading the book a few hours ago and decided I wanted more, so I came here.

WHERE AM I NOW?

I am well underway on my journey, as I have already been independently introduced to the economy as a teenager, working with numerous bright folks over the internet, mainly in the field of Gaming and E-Sports. I have managed individuals, as well as teams, organised and attended events, both online and offline, and met so many different people, with different cultures, backgrounds and skills. University put a pause to the journey, but I am trying to resume it now. I have already started by setting up a business meeting with my farmer-artist uncle, with the aim of building his business and developing an online entity for it. I know that I should be working on my own business and dreams, but I do not yet hold the capital to do so and I don't think starting off with debt and little experience is a good idea. Thus, I shall use this opportunity to garner some experience, hone my skills and make some money, while also being provided the luxury of food, housing, etc. Worst case scenario would be either me failing at building this business or my uncle duping me and abusing my trust and work. Even then, it would still be a win for me, albeit smaller, because I would still gain experience, which at this stage is the most important.

FINAL THOUGHTS.

I am very eager to participate in discussions on the forums and work hard on improving myself in every way possible and I am sure that this will be a good outlet for sharing my experiences, receiving advice, garnering connections and, ultimately, learning, so I hope everything will go well with everyone.
Thank you very much for being a community and I hope you will accept me as a part of it. I would also like to thank you if you actually read my (way too long) story and care about it. I will also attach a tl;dr for the ones that didn't, but you don't get any thanks.

TOO LONG; DIDN'T READ

Hi, I'm Speed, I'm from Bucharest and I'm studying to be a Nuclear Physicist. I'm not really satisfied with the limits of current society, so I started looking for outs.
I read the book and it really motivated me so I joined the forums to participate in the discussions and stuff.
I have worked in E-Sports and did quite a bit of fun work and met interesting people.
I am now aiming towards building my own business, but first I will work on my uncle's business to gain experience and a good starting point.
Thank you for existing, reading and being human.

Sincerely,
Speed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

shedim

New Contributor
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
92%
Hello fellow Romanian and welcome!

Which E-Sports games did you play and why did you quit? Or did you?
Best wishes,
shedim

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
96%
Welcome........and I do prefer the condensed version.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...