Dear Fastlaners,
Two weeks ago I accidently stumbled upon TMF. The next two days I spent reading it front to back. I've been reading along on the forum for the past two weeks, found out about this amazing community and am very willing to join. I'm a 21 year old guy from Holland.
My story so far. Been living lower-middle-class. I have been interested in the stock market since around 16. Around my 19th birthday after trading for a year I blew up my college savings account (not too much tough) day-trading. Figured trading is for the people having actual money in the bank. This was just after I finished high-school. Decided to take a 'gap-year' and launched a venture with friends organizing parties in local clubs in a more underground music 'niche'. We grew steady but organisation was a mess. End of the year we got problems with insurance and money got stolen, got in a fight with my partners and abandoned ship.
Lost friends, felt depressed, started travelling for a few months. When I got back I felt better, started working out, discovered the abundance of valuable information on the internet, and started reading a lot of business and self-help books.
Came up with more and more business ideas, threw some out, got some new, fine-tuned them but... soon found myself being trapped in a state of actually procrastinating on starting a business by learning more and more about it, perfecting all the ideas, but not taking real action! Lost my self-believe and joined college (Economics degree). No motivation but got by, still mainly dreaming about becoming an 'entrepreneur'. Seeing so much opportunities; how hard could it be to earn $1200 a month? That number would be enough for me, I just want to be free! Just NO cubicle life please! Spended the nights learning about IM and everything else I could get my hands on.
Then I discovered TMF, next day in college I carefully looked at the opportunity cost of a degree. Short story: Made the decision to drop out. Didn't go to my lessons anymore; read "How to influence people & win friends" and "Choose Yourself" (got the tips from the forum, amazing books!), started learning how to put up a simple website & build it, got some people to actually buy the prototype of my product! (I basically spent a year preparing everything so everything was in place, just had to get up and DO it). And filled my kindle with books about CopyWriting (thanks to the forum).
Gave up my room and told my mom about this crazy decision, she is very supportive and is fully accepting (after some initial fighting and 'discussion'). Managed to find a room in Amsterdam, away from all the old friends & party's so I can focus all my energy on The FASTLANE; growing my business! Moving 1st of December. Might try to pick up a sales job at a local broker (had a job like this in the past) to pay the bills and to get some training in cold-calling. Never felt so good in my life; just like MJ in the book when he decided to move away. Screw the haters; I believe I can do this!
My long-term vision is this: I wish to help and inspire as many people as possible (how cheesy
).
About my actual business ideas: I will post stuff as soon as I need feedback, for now ACTION!
Looking forward to meeting all of you and I feel very blessed for finding a community like this. Thank you all in advance for all this valuable information & thank you MJ for the amazing book! :eusa_clap:
Two weeks ago I accidently stumbled upon TMF. The next two days I spent reading it front to back. I've been reading along on the forum for the past two weeks, found out about this amazing community and am very willing to join. I'm a 21 year old guy from Holland.
My story so far. Been living lower-middle-class. I have been interested in the stock market since around 16. Around my 19th birthday after trading for a year I blew up my college savings account (not too much tough) day-trading. Figured trading is for the people having actual money in the bank. This was just after I finished high-school. Decided to take a 'gap-year' and launched a venture with friends organizing parties in local clubs in a more underground music 'niche'. We grew steady but organisation was a mess. End of the year we got problems with insurance and money got stolen, got in a fight with my partners and abandoned ship.
Lost friends, felt depressed, started travelling for a few months. When I got back I felt better, started working out, discovered the abundance of valuable information on the internet, and started reading a lot of business and self-help books.
Came up with more and more business ideas, threw some out, got some new, fine-tuned them but... soon found myself being trapped in a state of actually procrastinating on starting a business by learning more and more about it, perfecting all the ideas, but not taking real action! Lost my self-believe and joined college (Economics degree). No motivation but got by, still mainly dreaming about becoming an 'entrepreneur'. Seeing so much opportunities; how hard could it be to earn $1200 a month? That number would be enough for me, I just want to be free! Just NO cubicle life please! Spended the nights learning about IM and everything else I could get my hands on.
Then I discovered TMF, next day in college I carefully looked at the opportunity cost of a degree. Short story: Made the decision to drop out. Didn't go to my lessons anymore; read "How to influence people & win friends" and "Choose Yourself" (got the tips from the forum, amazing books!), started learning how to put up a simple website & build it, got some people to actually buy the prototype of my product! (I basically spent a year preparing everything so everything was in place, just had to get up and DO it). And filled my kindle with books about CopyWriting (thanks to the forum).
Gave up my room and told my mom about this crazy decision, she is very supportive and is fully accepting (after some initial fighting and 'discussion'). Managed to find a room in Amsterdam, away from all the old friends & party's so I can focus all my energy on The FASTLANE; growing my business! Moving 1st of December. Might try to pick up a sales job at a local broker (had a job like this in the past) to pay the bills and to get some training in cold-calling. Never felt so good in my life; just like MJ in the book when he decided to move away. Screw the haters; I believe I can do this!
My long-term vision is this: I wish to help and inspire as many people as possible (how cheesy
About my actual business ideas: I will post stuff as soon as I need feedback, for now ACTION!
Looking forward to meeting all of you and I feel very blessed for finding a community like this. Thank you all in advance for all this valuable information & thank you MJ for the amazing book! :eusa_clap:
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
